Has this ever happened to you? Is it normal? TMI

I had a BM, and it was all bloody and there were clots. It's not my period because it just ended about 5-6 days ago. There hasn't been anything worng wit me lately like pain or anything like that. Should I go to the doctor?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:59 PM on Sep. 21, 2009 in Health

• if you have that much blood, and clots. there is something going on with your colon. need to go to doctor hun seriously. make an appt or just go in
    SweetiePieAfWf

Answer by SweetiePieAfWf at 12:01 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• oh yeah i would seriously go to the doctor over that one, but you might want to check what you ate because there are alot of foods that sometimes don't break down in stool that can actually look like blood clots, strawberries, and diffrent types of fruits. Think back on what you ate and if that's not it then deffinately go to the doctors.
    Bluesdawg02

Answer by Bluesdawg02 at 12:04 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Any time you notice blood in your stool, you need to go to the doctor, unless you know you have hemmorhoids, but it doesnt sound like that to me. You really need to call your doc in the am, they can do a quick test to test for some blood and then they can go from there
    SuperMomof3kids

Answer by SuperMomof3kids at 1:46 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Oh yeah another thing that can look like blood clots is if you ate jello, just went to the bathroom myself and i though something was wrong and then i remembered i ate strawberry flavored jello, and yeah that kinda made my poo look like red blood clots. Hope this helped.
    Bluesdawg02

Answer by Bluesdawg02 at 5:30 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Thanks so much for the advice ladies. I will deffinetely call the doctor in the morning! As for what Bluesdawq02 said...no, I haven't eaten anything that would cause it to look like that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:29 AM on Sep. 22, 2009