Is 13 months to young for treak or treating?

My dh and I where thinking about taking her to his parents neighbourhood and going to just a few houses of the neighbours we know, and who would want to see her all dressed up. But I have been told its not a good idea becasue she is to young and will tire of it quickly and will not remember it. I of course would not let her eat the candy but its the first holiday she is old enough to be awake for the majority of lol

KeagansMom08

Asked by KeagansMom08 at 12:13 AM on Sep. 22, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• no way! i took my oldest son out when he was 11 months old ...of course, he couldnt each much of the candy, and we only went to well lit neighborhoods and kept him away from the scary older kids. But it was fun! We dressed him up as a little devil.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 12:15 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I took out our daughter when she was only a month or two old out trick or treating!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:23 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• my daughters birthday is october 4th and she went after she was a year. she loved it.
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 12:32 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• my daughter went at 10 months..just to a few neighbors we knew and that wanted to see her in her costume...but they don't really remember any holidays til they are about 2 or 3 anyways...my daughter will be 4 in dec, now she is talking about last years holidays (her bday, xmas, halloween and easter) before now she never mentioned them aside from when it was happening.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 12:41 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• MY BOOBOO TURNS 1 ON HALOWEEN & HIM & HIS CLAN OF TOTTLERS ARE GOING DOOR TO DOOR
    Amberoz

Answer by Amberoz at 1:05 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I don't think it's to early to introduce a new tradition. You can always use a stroller or do an indoor trick or treat some where. I took my son when he was 7 months, he sat in his stroller and said hi and held the bag open. Then I ate his candy :) win-win ;)
    KadensMom907

Answer by KadensMom907 at 1:36 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Heck no! I'm taking my son whose 13months and I can't wait Im SOOO EXCITED..he looks so cute in his costume...We will prob only go down one road and if he doesnt take to going to doors then we'll just walk around..Im sure he'll have fun seeing all the other kids and thats what matters
    howardsmom

Answer by howardsmom at 2:50 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• oh no,we took our little one who is 15 months now last year,she was about 4- 5 months.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 6:54 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• my son was 13 months when he first went trick or treating, and it was fun, but we could only do maybe 5 blocks because after that it was just too much walking and too much excitement for him. lol. of course that 5 blocks took a long time, and we all had fun! :)
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 9:13 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Yes, unless they have older siblings, however, I think it's unnecessary for the 13mo to have an actual bag for candy. 13 months is way to young for candy. I took my then 14 month old to grandparents houses and that's it. They had pre made bags for her with healthy snacks in place of the candy, which I appreciated! So my now 3yo will go trick or treating and I will take my 13 month old (she will be 14 months old when halloween comes) with us dressed up but we won't have a candy bag for her.
    army_wife_mommy

Answer by army_wife_mommy at 10:34 PM on Sep. 22, 2009