how much do you spend on groceries?

How much do you spend on a week's worth of groceries, how many people in your family, and what part of the U.S. do you live in?

Just curious because I feel like I'm spending WAY too much $$$ on food!

acounard

Asked by acounard at 12:14 AM on Sep. 22, 2009 in Food & Drink

• about $130 for a family of 4 - Mom, Dad, 5 year old & a 3 year old... but it's still not enough!! (we live in MA)
    Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 12:16 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• where do u go? if i were u if u have a foodlion instead of walmart go to it. foodlion, u have a mvp card, u can save lots of money. we have a big family but not too sure how much we spend. but think walmart u dont get a free card to save lots of money
    SweetiePieAfWf

Answer by SweetiePieAfWf at 12:17 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• 150 $ a week for a family of 3 (me, hubby and 2 year old daughter), and we live in Hawaii
    crazypink

Answer by crazypink at 12:21 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• We live in Indiana. My husband likes steaks, we eat lots of fresh foods, etc so we spend about $200.00 a week on groceries. I'm 36 weeks pregnant, my husband, my 2 year old, and my 3 year old in our family. We also have various family members and/or friends who sometimes need a meal or two so when that happens, it's alittle more but not much.
    Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 12:26 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• 900 a month 4 kids myself and hubby we live in NY Manhattan to be exact
    mari2120

Answer by mari2120 at 12:32 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I live in northeastern Minnesota and spend around $600 a month....that is not just meals though I do keep things stocked up like canned foods and frozen foods....We could go a month without buying anything, except milk and bread and do just fine.
    My problem is that I really like sales and will indulge on a good sale! I only buy what's on sale...I refuse to pay full price on anything.
    we are a family 0f 5.....and 1 that is in college and when I visit once a month she hands me a grocery list so I include that in with the $600
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 12:44 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• i AM SO GRATEFUL I LIVE NEAR A WINCO.....A WEEKS WORTH OF FOOD FOR 3 IS UNDER 100 BUCKS
    Amberoz

Answer by Amberoz at 1:03 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• We spend $60-70/week most weeks, family of 3 - me, DH, and our 15 month old. I rotate grocery stores, buy Manager's Special milk, etc. at Kroger, Manager Special meat at Food Lion, canned goods and bread at Wal Mart. I shop sales and use coupons, and I try to combine store and manufacturer coupons and sales when I can.
    kikikiki

Answer by kikikiki at 1:06 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Wow I think I spend too much on groceries. I have myself my dh and one 2 year old l girl. I was spending like 190 a week. But I found out that Wal-Mart has to match prices with any sale so I take the ads in and do one stop shopping I also use coupons and still spend like 150. But my husband has to have his soda and he eats all frozen foods for lunch (he will not take leftovers or sandwiches) when I go buy just for him for lunch I spend like 40-50$. And we live on Oklahoma.
    kristyleigh614

Answer by kristyleigh614 at 1:22 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• for our family of four, i am spending 258$ every two weeks.. Well that was for this month of Sept...
    Food is expensive here.. So I try to stock up on sales too, on weenies, bread, eggs, peanutbutter, chicken nuggets...i am in Tx
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:26 AM on Sep. 22, 2009