What the best birth control....besides abstince....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:23 AM on Sep. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• thats up to you,when i didnt want a baby i was on the pill,using condoms and foam all at the same time.
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 1:26 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I'm on the pill and it works just fine for me.
    crazypink

Answer by crazypink at 1:26 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• depends if you want harmones or not. I am a smoker so I couldnt use a hormonal method well i could but it wasnt safe so I use paraguard it is good for ten years and I can take it out whenever I want. Its the copper IUD
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 1:29 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• By "best" are you meaning, most effective? When used properly, you have quite a bit of pretty effective options. The pill, condoms, depo provera shot, an IUD, and an Implenon. All of those are good choices. However, only you and your Dr. can decide what is the best option for you.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:29 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I really liked the nuva ring. its a plastic ring you insert, leave it in for 3 weeks, take it out for 1 week for your period. The main reason why I liked it so much was because I have a hard time remembering to take my pills. So with this it was something i could just write down in my calender. and if i did mess up the dates its easy to catch up. Very easy method!!!
    brikay1

Answer by brikay1 at 1:45 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I agree. The term "best" is kind of subjective. Charting your body is EXTREMELY effective if you can have the self-will to abstain from sex while ovulating. I know lots of people who have used that system for YEARS, although you'll hear lots of non-users bash the crap out of it. One of the main benefits of it is the lack of all those extra hormones running through your body causing a slew of problems.
    fluud7

Answer by fluud7 at 2:48 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Having toddlers in the house and no door locks!
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 4:12 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• It is ABSTINENCE not abstince either abstain or get your tubes tied

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:50 AM on Sep. 23, 2009