Why is the world so crazy?

Tonight my sister in law, the sweetest single mom in the world, called in tears because her attention crazed seven year old daughter was mad at her and made up some bs about being abused. She told this to her school, and though there were no bruses no marks what so ever the school reported her to CPS. My sister in law then had to stand by and watch her child manipulate these government officials into believing that she was somehow abused. This child is spoiled and has no idea how supportive and loving a mother she has. She is always asking for more and more and when she doesnt get it she does manipulative crap like this. Just the other week we were out to dinner for her bday. She got a cell phone as well as an ipod and laptop from her absentee father. So we were out to dinner and she kept prauding me for $ for that darn claw machine. After I gave her a few dollars, I said i had no more $ and she then revoked the title of aunt

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:36 AM on Sep. 22, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Oh an by the way I am fully aware that schools are mandated reporters. I am just baffled at what some children will do when they dont get their way!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:38 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• whats funny is when theres real kids hurting they dont come till the kid is dead,then when theres dumb little brats they do,GOOD FOR HER! she is gonna a reality check which is what she deserves.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:42 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• That little girl will see when she's in foster care without her laptop, cell phone, or iPod. She doesn't understand the consequences, but lying about her mother isn't going to make her well to do father take her. Even if they did try to switch custody she would spend a fair amount of time in foster care before her father could even get her.

She'll learn and things will mend themselves. I'm sorry that she has to go through this. =-/
    zeroblivion

Answer by zeroblivion at 2:13 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Sadly the girls d-bag father fled the country when he got a dui ( hes a foriegner). I am just so sad for my sister in law. she is a good mother and this little girl is an a-hole. yep I am saying it. As someone that survived an actual abusive upbringing seeing this crap just makes me ill and I am afraid I cant look at this child the same . Their is normal acting out to get back at your mom and than there is the stuff of sociopaths. This child should be ashamed and so should her ex husband for leaving everything up to the mom to deal with. And yet neither one feels any remorse. This child acts as though shes entitled to anything she wants.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:22 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Sorry about my spelling when I get pissed off I just write without spellcheck.hehe
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:23 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• How does a child at 7 learn to be that way? She is clearly not that great of a mom if she is allowing a child to run the show like that. Sounds like she never disciplined or taught this child right from wrong. I have a 7 year old who is gifted and he still would not fully understand the consequences of taking actions like that. I think you should be mad at the SIL for raising a brat and less mad at a child that does not fully understand. Might be good for the child to be in a more stable home where there are boundaries.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:12 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• To the anon directly above...Are you a single mother?Did you have a crappy ex husband who did nothing but cheat on you ,take drugs and subsequently leave the country to avoid jail time, not to mention avoid actually taking care of his child. This woman does everything right for her child. She is a loving mother and has put herself through school so that she can provide for this child. Some kids act out , and you should feel lucky that you may have a better situation to start with, and you should feel damn lucky if your kid isn't acting out right now. I am appauled that women consistently do the same bs to eachoth everyday. What makes her a bad mother that you could have possible gotten from anything written about her?Why do we as a gender always back the man despite what a d-bag he may be. Why do we always jump to attack the female. We all know how hard it is to raise kids, even with a loving husband. You should be ashamed.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:44 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Why cant we be supportive of one another... isn't that what this site is really about? Moms supporting moms? And by the way some little girls have a bit more drama wired into them than your precious little 7 year old son.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:50 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Spoiled or not, isn't the question. There is something else going on that she can pull such a thing off. She may have some emotional or mental problems. Bipolar does manifest in kids. That said, I doubt it's the problem here. The question is how to deal with it so both Mom and daughter can learn from this. Mom should avoid sharing all the pricey gifts Dad sends. If Dad is the bum you say, there should be a talk that he's not a big part of their lives and that Mom is in control. This kid needs to learn some respect but acquring it at age 7 will be tough. If I were your SIL I would really ask officials what can be done under the circumstances if a kid just won't listen. They will learn there's nothing to the claim and hopefully she can get advice on how to work this through w/ help of CPS. Also, as someone mentioned, a foster home may just jolt that child into a reality check. Sad but true, especially at age 7.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 10:41 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• It is not that difficult to get CPS involved, a child just needs to inform a teacher or school official of alleged abuse and they are required by law to call CPS and file a report. If they dont they can face criminal neglegence and jail time. I still dont understand why those of you out there are answering with this "happily married bias" crap and cant conceive that this child could just be a brat. As for her d-bag father the gifts are out of moms control, once a year he comes to town and dumps a ton of toys, &gifts on her. The whole purpose of posing this question was not to have ignorant women make judgments on another mother's painful situation and quite frankly give me a headache with stupid remarks. it was to find support and helpful suggestions from other mothers. Im so tired of all you women who think your kids are so damn perfect, and think that this very situation couldnt happen to you. It could so have compassion!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:29 AM on Sep. 23, 2009