Were u or are scared of driving????

I have a big fear of crashing into every car.....how do I get over my fear?????

starz16

Asked by starz16 at 1:40 AM on Sep. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• my big sister is scared of the freeway. I think it is the semis that scare her.
    Amberoz

Answer by Amberoz at 1:41 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• just don't think about it, focus on whats in front of you and glance in the rear view mirror and around you once in a while just to be aware of your surroundings
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 2:02 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I am 42 years old and I don't drive. I do have my license. I got it when I was 30 and I drove for about 2 years and then I developed an irrational fear of driving. I had never been in accident (was in my 1st last year and I have panic attacks when i am a passenger now) but out of nowhere the mere thought of driving tossed me in a panic. TG I live 2 village blocks (much smaller than a city block) from my childrens school & the library, 3 village blocks from the grocery store and 6 from the beach. I can walk everywhere.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:17 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I just got my driver permit on July 31st and I've been driving since. However, I have a fear of getting into accidents because when I was in my mom's car (I was in the passenger seat) when I was about 32 weeks pregnant, we were side-scraped but the car got dented a little bit and scratched quite a bit. The whole experience has made me terrified and untrusting of other drivers on the road. I drive perfectly (or so I've been told by my parents) but I'm TERRIFIED of other drivers. I'll wait until there's like no cars on the street before I turn, or I'll give someone else the right of way because I'm afraid they'll hit me. Actually, tonight I was driving to my school and there's a roundabout on the way down there. Well I actually stopped and waited until there were no cars on it to go. It was about a 2 minute wait. I almost got hit on that thing and ever since it has scared me the most. Big trucks freak me out too.. =/
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:44 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• yes. i didnt get my liscence till i was 20. i still get freaked out. i was in a crash a few weeks ago and my car is totalled, so i hvaent been driving much
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 3:06 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• well if your scared of driving on summer roads dont ever drive when its icy out. i live in alaska and ive crashed at least 6 times.
    mudgirl

Answer by mudgirl at 3:25 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I'm afraid of merges and lane switches, especially in heavy traffic.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:21 AM on Sep. 22, 2009