can comeone please give me some quick advice before i call LandD its kinda embarrassing i have been there 3 times already....

I've already been in there a few times and its getting embarrassing but i moved long distances and was switching insurances during my pregnancy and now that ive switched to medi-cal theres no more room in the classes and im already 37 wks so the only info i have is here on cafe mom and the books and websites i go to... so im sure im being a bit annoying but before i go calling them again can someone please tell me if its normal to have to go #2 3-4 times a day and all day when i went pee and i wipe its just clear liquidy stuff on the toilet paper and ive been leaking little bits of clear or milky white liquid on my panty liners all day... im getting very nervous about this because im not sure if i could be leaking or not... i already lost my mucus plug and my dr said i am progressing toward the big day pretty fast for my first one so i dont know... should i give them a ring again?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:12 AM on Sep. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Are you having contractions? If so so how close or far apart are they, how long have you been having them? Is this your first child?
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 2:23 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• It sounds very normal to me and not like leakage at all. I am no expert of course, but it sounds like some symptoms I have been having. I am 37 weeks. I would just wait and give your doctor a call in the morning.
    kitten_shuga

Answer by kitten_shuga at 2:29 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I agree with the PP that your symptoms sound completely normal to me.

I've been leaking the same stuff for weeks now. (I'm 40w, 5d now). I've been tested twice for fluid, and despite the fact that both tests have been negative, I'm not convinced. From what I have read and understand, it's not unhealthy to leak bits of amniotic fluid for weeks on end as the body is always flushing it out and reproducing more for the baby. But now, if I had enough to soak my undies and my legs, then I'd be going into L&D. In the meantime, since I'm not entirely convinced, we've been staying away from sex, just in case. :)

As far as pooping goes, there is no "magic number". You can poop as much as you darn well please, but if you mention it to an L&D nurse as a "labor symptom", they may just laugh you to shame.

If you're not having contractions, you're probably fine for now.
    fluud7

Answer by fluud7 at 2:53 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Sounds normal to me. Don't go in until you have contractions. The BM is normal too. Your body will start clearing itself out in order to give birth. So you might start vomiting too just so you know. You lost most of your mucus plug not all of it as you begin to dialate you probably will see more smaller bits of it. That being said if at any time you think you should call your doctor do it. You are pregnant and they do expect calls from soon to be mommies. They get it all the time. I would call your doctor before making another trip to L&D. It's one thing if you go in on your own, it's quite another when your OB tells you to go in.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:42 AM on Sep. 22, 2009