Please tell me how you would respond cause I am at a loss

Because the whore of Rev 17 is wearing jewelry, and purple and scarlet, and is drinking wine, is a very weak reason for us refraining from doing so.The Bible text gives much better reason; for it shows us God's will in writing--there is no guess work in that.It is true, the woman in Rev 12 is clothed with the sun. She represents Christ's church on earth. The church is to be pure and undefiled. The church and its member are not to appear as the people of the world; not as the whore in Rev 17.I say again; there is nothing wrong with colors. Because evil people drive cars, are Christians not allowed to drive cars? Because wine makes people drunk, are Christians not allowed to drink water or fruit juice?Wearing purple or scarlet does not mean we are joining the enemy or approving of what they do.The Bible says nothing against wearing colors.The Bible does speak against wearing jewelry of any kind,

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:18 AM on Sep. 22, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I'm so glad I gave all this up... meaning the bible! It is such a waste of time trying to figure out what it all means.. and with the knowledge that it has been edited a LOT and added to a LOT and things left out because of a personal agenda (Nicene Council)... oh well....

I'm happy just to live my life knowing that I am a creature of the Divine.. that I'm loved, that I'm meant to live my life in joy... and that is all I need to know.

However, I'll answer like the Christian I used to be: If God make colors like Purple and Scarlet (beautiful colors), and beautiful stones, and gold, and pearls (what a wonder they are)... I can't believe that God would think they are evil?! Why would God create them and give them to us if they are not to be enjoyed? Personally, I think EVERYTHING is meant to be appreciated for the work of art that it is... The Divine is the ultimate creative energy and everything the Divine created is good.
    NewDay810

Answer by NewDay810 at 11:12 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• including wedding rings.

1 Ptr 3:3--3Whose adorning let it not be that outward adorning of plaiting the hair, and of wearing of gold, or of putting on of apparel.

1 Tim 2:9--9In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:18 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Revelation 17 is not speaking of what we should wear or even about women as a gender. You have to understand the metaphorical language of Revelation and understand that the 17th and 18th chapters are talking about the religious and political systems in the world. The harlot represents spiritual adultery or idol worship.The colors purple, scarlet and gold are representative of royalty, wealth and priesthood. The symbolism here is that what she appears to be and appears to offer is so appealing that the inhabitants of earth will marvel at her, but what is in her cup is detestable. These chapters warn of the great deception of the kings and inhabitants of the earth.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 2:52 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• rev17 The Angel is talking in the past tense. What had already happened to Rome. To show what God is capable of. It is describing the Rome of the Caesars. Especially Nero. Rev 12 is Mary. The Dragon after all is the serpent without legs. In Genesis Where God tells the serpent "I will put enmity between your offspring and hers; He will strike at your head while you strike at his heel." The key word there is He not them. Singular, this is the first prophecy of Christ. Also At that time even in with the Jewish culture. It was the Queen Mother, The Kings mother not wife, that sat at his right hand. People knew that if they wanted a special favor to ask the Queen Mother and she could intercede, or ask for the favor. It was still up to the King to say yes or no. Revelations is a complex book, It goes back and forth from the past to the future. Explaining what has happened and what could happen.

oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 6:55 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I would walk away from this discussion. People who are certain that they understand exactly what is meant by Revelation are NUT JOBS.  Now some theories seem to have a bit of truth to them.  But the ones who think they have it ALL figured out are the ones who convince others to drink poison koolaid! Just walk away.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:36 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Well I was asking these people why they can condemn jewellery by using the whore of babylon, and yet not the colors she wears. But as you see here they says it's a weak argument...so why isn't it a weak argument fro jewellery as well? lol...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:42 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Did you ask them that? If you did what was their answer?
    oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 2:29 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Nope
    i didn't ask them that I am trying to not be sarcastic sounding but it's hard lol.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:36 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I have one word...Iterpretation. Everyone interperates all things differently.
    Sarahp1379

Answer by Sarahp1379 at 4:01 PM on Sep. 22, 2009