Do you know your calorie intake?

I am trying to figure out how many calories I need to add to my diet so I can gain!!! I am 5'6", and now 105.8 pounds!!!! I would LOVE to gain 20 lbs but that seems impossible so I just want to be able to make my ribs and hip bones disappear! I have NO idea what my current calorie intake is... i eat 6 small meals a day but still lose a pound a night at times!!! I started bc and was up at 110 last week... now I'm down here AGAIN! I'm getting extremely frustrated... I talked to a nutritionist and she said to add 1000 calories to my current intake and I have NO idea what that even is... is there a site that tells you how much each peice of food is???

07lilmama1108

Asked by 07lilmama1108 at 6:10 AM on Sep. 22, 2009 in Health

• Hi, If you are wanting to gain weight then a good proition shake 3 times a day followed by a small nutricous meal! The key is in your protien intake! It is oblivious you seem to have a very high metabolism so to compensate for it make sure you get lots of protien rich foods. Keep in mind you still need to eat healthy just change what you eat! You can buy at the book store books that give you the calalories on foods, I am sure there is a place online too but I have not looked! I am there to help you ladies I am a weightmanagement coach and the products I used to lose weight will actual help you to gain weight also and give you the nutrients and vites your bodies need! My calory intake is 2,000. and I am maintaining my health weight!
    jodilara

Answer by jodilara at 9:58 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I know your pain.. I'm 5'2 and weigh 90lbs. Not good when your kids far outweigh you. I've tried to gain weight to no avail. The doctor says I'm healthy, just little. I just tell the kids God made me to be little, nothing I can do about it... cause they wonder why I'm so small and they're not, you know? It sucks.
    Gremlyn

Answer by Gremlyn at 6:25 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• my dr sent me to the nutritionist because every bone in my shoulder is defined, my dd uses my collarbones to climb up me... the first thing she said was "you're way too skinny" and just kept asking if I eat or puke. I'm trying to gain... why would I puke or starve myself???? I wish I could just take what other people don't want!!!!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 6:32 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• What about trying something like protein shakes? If you use the powdered ones, mix them with milk to add more calories. If you don't know where to get any good healthy ones, here is where I get mine: rmartin50.qhealthbeauty.com (they taste really yummy) The powder would be cheaper than already mixed. Look under the heading: Sports Nutrition
    Any of the energy bars listed there, would also be healthy, solid calories. Are you taking a good multivitamin? I think that if you were in terrific health, your weight would tend to balance out. Check out the vitamins on the site too. Good Luck!
    RuthsPlace

Answer by RuthsPlace at 9:37 AM on Sep. 22, 2009