just to vent

my aunt and uncle raised me since i was 7 and now im 21 and my mom only came to see my about 5 times threw those years and now that she knows i have children she wants to try and get me back into her life but personally i think why should i...i see my aunt and uncle as my parents....and my mother has told me that since im her daughter and i got taken away from her that my children will automatically get taken away and she knows that my cousin gave me her daughters clothes(her daughter is 4 and mine is 2 and 2 months) but yet my mom still told me the girls could get taken away for hand me downs too..i know this is not right..and i keep giving her signs that i dont want her in my life anymore...but she keeps insisting on sending texts and seeing what i do with my kids every single day weather is making my brothers ask or her ask .what would you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:27 AM on Sep. 22, 2009 in Relationships

• if i was you and i didn't want her having a part of my life i would first change the number so she can't text any more
    smiley198028

Answer by smiley198028 at 7:32 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• ok first..hand me downs are not cause for taken kids away..she's an idiot trying to make u freak dont let it work, 2nd sounds to me like you will have to have a face off and stand up to her your an adult now so meet her for coffee and tell her you had enough she didnt raise you or suport you and she has no right and no say in your life and your kids life. also tell her that she needs to go away and you no longer want her around and causeing drama. you have to be firm and stay firm..say thank u for giving birth to me but thats all you did..and tell family not to inform her of whats going on in your life.. ( you wanna get her tell her you want back cs and u will see her in court, might scare her enough to go away again ) also call your phone comp and ask for a new number or a way to block certin #s...good luck hun...stay strong xo
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 7:35 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• op.......she still owes back cs to my aunt which my aunt was just going to give me the money....what upset my aunt was that my mom kept saying that she didnt get me back cuz my aunt wouldnt let her have me (which isnt true) and that my aunt kept me because i was the daughter she dreamed to have and she said that because my aunts daughter is a bigger girl and that really made me mad that someone would say that about their own family member...and my mother would always get upset when i would say that my aunt was my mom i mean come on the lady raised me since i was 7 shes been there for me and was a mom figure to me for so many years
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:42 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I think you should tell her flat out that she is not your mother, your aunt is. She is the person who gave birth to you. Your kids won't be taken away from you just because her's were, because you were raised - by your aunt - to be a better mother than she is.

If you don't want her in your life, tell her flat out that you don't want anything to do with her. Tell her that if she doesn't stop contacting you, you're going to get a restraining order against her for harassment. As far as asking your brothers about you, it;s up to them what they say to her or not, but since YOU won't be talking to her anymore, it really doesn't matter what she knows about you. Or, if it really bothers you, tell your brothers that you don't want them telling her anything about you. They can just tell her "I don't know" or "I don't want to get in the middle of it" whenever she asks.

btw ROFL at the kids taken away over hand me downs - please!
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 8:49 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I think your mom is jelous cause your Aunt is for all purposes your mother-figure and she (as birth mom) is nothing. I think your mom is trying to talk trash and find any way she can to worm he way into your childrens lives. I can see where you would be very wary of allowing her in. It sounds like you would have good reasons if you want to cut her out of your lives completely- if you choose to do that you should tell her 'I'm sorry but I don't want anything to do with you. no phone calls, no texts, nothing.' and then block her # andchange your phone # and tell family that she is nothing to you- and you would prefer they do not discuss you/your kids with her.
    Good luck
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 8:54 AM on Sep. 22, 2009