Massive increase to forces in Afghanistan?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/sep/21/barack-obama-afghanistan-mcchrystal-report

The leaked report from General McChrystal is calling for us to immediately (within a year) and drastically increase our deployment numbers and Obama says no. McChrystal, the guy with actual experience, says we will lose the war.

One analyst talking about this last night on CNN says we need 600k total in Afghanistan (our troops, Afghan troops, and assorted UN nation troops combined), but Japan is already planning a full withdrawl and most of Europe is refusing to send much more.

This is the "good" war that everyone approved of and voted for, even though nobody wants to move it to Pakistan where AlQaeda actually is, so what next? Does Obama need to change his mind on this war he approved of and supported or do we need to call everyone home and chalk up another loss?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 7:57 AM on Sep. 22, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Anon 9:27/9:31 you need to slow your roll hun!

My husband's an infantry Marine switching to the Army only because the promotion system is better in the Army. He's been to Iraq twice and is in the field or on the range 86% of the time he's stateside. Add in COG and barracks duty, late hours and early mornings and he maybe here at home with us (me, the 5 kids and the dogs) roughly 3% of the time. If you're trying to insult a wife who needs her husband around constantly for validation, you need to look elsewhere cause this proud Marine infantry wife is self-sustainable.

On top of that I wouldn't put Obama in charge of a kindergarten class at nap time much less our country so maybe you should go knit or something and leave the important conversations to the adults, thanks!

Oh and BTW around here the hubs is called "Corporal" "Sweetheart" "Daddy or "Papa Dog" TYVM!
    BlueCollarMama

Answer by BlueCollarMama at 9:43 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:57 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• i just want my husband to come home already before things get worse over there........
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:01 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• He has always seemed willing and eager to declare a loss for our nation. JMO.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 8:03 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Glenn Beck said it best this morning, "You either fight to win or you bring them all home." You can only give them freedom but not tell them how to use their freedoms. It is obvious the Afghani people really don't want this freedom or they would do more to help fight the cause against the terrorists. We can only do so much by ourselves. It is looking like this war is a loss cause.
    usmc0351wife

Answer by usmc0351wife at 8:18 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Glenn Beck said it best this morning

I'm kind of sorry you brought that up. Now all the liberals have an excuse to ignore it, despite the fact that it was major news on every channel last night.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:20 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Seems Obozo likes war just as much as Bushey. Stupid liberals, how could you have not seen this one coming. Nobody wins in Afghanistan, unless you are Afghani, let history repeat itself and watch this quagmire of Obama's begin.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:44 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I'm not liberal.

To win the war in Afghanistan we need to do something other then military force only. USA should listen Russian former high rank military officers ,what mistakes to avoid. Russian military were there a long,long time................

OP please give me the links were Obama said he is not supporting sending more troops there.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:46 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• usmc...

What a ignorant statement ! How many days did you spend with everyday citizens of Afghanistan?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:48 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• OP please give me the links were Obama said he is not supporting sending more troops there...

I already did.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:49 AM on Sep. 22, 2009