calling all crafty creative types

girls bedroom, 9 yrs old
i put up a canopy over bed
very tall walls, needs some art/sculpture
supplies i have...40 or so silver colored metal round lids from juice cans, some fishing line, a 3 foot by 2 foot(ish) grey colored bullintin board and a very large wall
thought of glueing lids on fish line and making wall art, or putting on bullintin board
????
any good ideas to make art for large wall, using what i have and any other household items, girls room is modern remake 60's look, colors lime green, blues, with orange and rasberry accents
i do have a staple gun and glue gun, not the best sewer but i can do a straight hem

inspire me

boredmom44

Asked by boredmom44 at 8:05 AM on Sep. 22, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Use the lids and fishing line and make door beads that you put above your door and walk thru them. Glue 2 lids, facing each other with the fishing line thru it.

Spell your childs name with picture frames......Buy 8 x 10 frames at dollar store, paint them your colors, fill them with 60's printed paper from Micheal's. Cut out a letter each of your childs name in black or white paper. Put one letter to each frame on top of printed paper. (I did this for my daughter but I cut out rectangles and squares from old magazines and made a collage spelled her name out)
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 6:36 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• You can look online for those sayings that kinda peel and stick to the wall. I was thinking of doing an Eiffel tower picture...then you said 60's. Think of something that is remnant of the era, you can use the bottle caps as an outline. You could frame a saying on the wall in them!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 8:19 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Do you have any Blank CDs? I hung colored one's with fishing line in my teen's room. You could paint the bulletin board hot pink or another bright color. Then hot clue the jar lids together and paint them bright colors. Attach them to the edges of the bulletin board. Think polka dots! Take old pillows and cover them in bright polka dot fabric. Or make round pillows. You can cover an old table top with polka dot fabric or shiny vinyl in an accent color. Make circle ( polka dots ) and attach them with glue to a lamp shade. Make a theme out of the paint colors and circles. Very 60's. Or you can go to garage sales or thrifts stores and buy old records and paint those. Glue printed pictures in the center of them , cut into circles with decorative scissors. Hang them on the wall or from the ceiling. Or you can put a each letter of her name in the center of the records.
    Hang the records or CDs at different lengths. Have fun!
    CelticFaerie

Answer by CelticFaerie at 6:16 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I know you have a bulletin board, but since the wall is large, what about hanging a clothesline, and putting your daughter's artwork up with clothespins?
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 12:59 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• You could always paint the lids, and hang them as polka dots on the walls. Maybe use them to frame in the bulletin board. Instead of hanging in a specific shape, try different angles and patterns surrounding the b board. This was just a quick idea...will see what else I can think of for you :O) Blessings!
    Bufferfly1502

Answer by Bufferfly1502 at 6:45 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• Paint the lids all colors and make flowers....that is 60's style but is she too big for flowers?
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 6:21 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• Spell out "groovy with the lids, using a diff color for each letter, write it at a slant on the wall.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 6:23 PM on Oct. 6, 2009