Should a toddler be kept indoors until he gets better if the toddler catches a cold?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:49 AM on Sep. 22, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My 2 yr old came down with a cold last week and I've been letting him go outside and taking him with me when I run errands. I am careful about keeping him away from other kids and keeping him away from more germs when possible. However, as long as he's up for it, he can go outside to play.
    momofryan07

Answer by momofryan07 at 9:56 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Not necessarily...if it is a nice day and he is feeling up to playing (no fever) a little, then by all means, the sun and fresh air will do him good.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:52 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Assuming the child is feeling up to it, my ped always says that fresh air is good and to get them outside.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 8:52 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• He can play outside, but should not be taken to the mall. That is what they mean by
    "don't go out" Don't go out near other people. Don't spred the germs and don't pick up new germs while you are still recovering. Money and the pen you sign your credit card with are COVERED in everybody's germs. Not to mention the door handles and shopping cart handles...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:27 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Our doctor says fresh air is good medicine and I agree. Just make sure they can not make someone else sick. Out in your yard- enjoy it! At the park- wait until the snotty nose/cough goes away!
    wildboyz1994

Answer by wildboyz1994 at 10:11 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• If they feel like going outside I let them.
    Gavsmama06

Answer by Gavsmama06 at 10:39 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• If it's just a cold, no change in our routine. If throwing up or fever, then stay home. Our lives aren't going to stop for a cold.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on Sep. 22, 2009