did your period ever go back to the way it was before you ever got pregnant?

i wasn't sure which category...

anyway my son is 2, and my period is different now than before so i'm thinking it's just a permanent change. my son does still breastfeed but probably a total of less than 5 minutes a day so i dont know if that's much of a factor ?

i first had my period 8 months post partum and then they were irregular for about 4 or 5 mos

anyway before my pregnancy, my period was about 5 days, started heavy but i needed something (menstrual cup, tampon, or pad) for 3-4 of those days. now my period is still 5 days but i only need something for ONE DAY! the rest of the time my period is so light i just use a panty liner just in case. i have lots of blood on my TP but none in my panties except for the 1 day.

is it normal for your period to just change after a pregnancy? or do you think it's because of the nursing still?

just curious

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:09 AM on Sep. 22, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I'm not sure. Mine went back to normal for the most part.
    r_elizabeth2290

Answer by r_elizabeth2290 at 9:15 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I don't know I'm still pregnant with #2, but sounds like things are better with your period now, you're not as heavy.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 9:17 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• oh yea i'm definitely not complaining!!! lol :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:25 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Mine became more consistent after I had the baby.
    jillybean6781

Answer by jillybean6781 at 9:34 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Mine has not returned to the way it was before my pregnancies. It is now more regular and I don't have cramps.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 9:44 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• My is non existant. At first, I thought it was due to breastfeeding, but after I stopped breastfeeding, it still never came. I had an IUD inserted about 5 months pp so that may be the reason. This month makes it 2 years since my last period. I have a little cramping from time to time, but that's it, no blood whatsoever!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 9:54 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I can tell you that my youngest (a set of twins) are now 8 years old. My period has not been the same since I had kids. It is heavier and it changes from month to month. Some times it will start and go for 3-4 days and then stop for 24 hrs and start again for another 2-3 days.. and other months I will go for 5 days straight and be done. So no mine has never went back.
    krys1973

Answer by krys1973 at 11:02 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• mine came back much better, no cramps and only lasts 3 days. woo hoo. before i had him my period used to last 8-10days.
    proudmomma777

Answer by proudmomma777 at 1:33 PM on Sep. 22, 2009