My husband wants to give up on us...

We have our arguments/disagreements like anyone else. Since my husband's last surgery (Aug 17) he has fallen into a deep deep depression. I wish I would have caught it sooner but he is always "running away" to hang out with buddies so I haven't really seen him in so long.

The problem is he is TOO stubborn to go see a doctor or talk to someone. He says it's a sign of weakness, he said he's a "screw-up" in my eyes, his families eyes, and my families eyes. He would rather lose me and our son (2.5 y) than talk to someone or possibly take medication. He says "it's not fair to you or JJ" but refusing help is fair? He says he just doesn't feel the same anymore....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:19 AM on Sep. 22, 2009 in Health

• He's being stubborn, my grandpa has always been the same way when it comes to doctor's! But it's only gonna make things harder for him in the long run, and things can only get worse, if he'd get treated then there can be some resolution and he won't have to suffer soooo bad! But to say he'd rather lose his family is way messed up, you guys should try family counseling.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 9:27 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• What did he have surgery on? And why did he fall into a deep depression. This is not your fault and if he doesn't want to get help for himself then allow him to leave and when he does realize that it wasn't the right thing to do and he wants to come home, tell him he needs to get help first and take it slow. Some people don't know what they have until it's gone and then they wake up and smell the roses. GL and don't put the blame on yourself just take care of your child and you and let him do what he has to and don't be a door mat for him. Your better then that. If you want to chat one on one email me anytime.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 9:28 AM on Sep. 22, 2009