Has Anyone Ever Changed Their OBGYN During Their Pregnancy?

I hate my doctor, I want a different one! He is very passive, short with me, doesn't believe me when I tell him what's going on with me, he doesn't keep my appointments with test right, there's a lot more. I'm just wondering if anyone's ever changed their OBGYN and how did things turn out?

MommaRox4683

Asked by MommaRox4683 at 9:31 AM on Sep. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I did in the beginning of this pregnancy. I'm so glad that I did! My new doctors are much nicer and more caring. If I were you, I would switch. I think there are enough things to worry about during pregnancy and doctors shouldn't give you even more to worry about.
    navywifesince07

Answer by navywifesince07 at 9:36 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• If you aren't happy with your doctor then change right away this is the person that is helping you bring your child into this world. I would call and find another doctor and then when you do call the doctors office your at and have them forward your records to the new place. If your new doctor asks you what the issue was then tel them EVERYTHING you weren't happy with do this right away, if thats what you want to do. GL
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 9:45 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I did towards the very end. I changed doctors when i was about 32 weeks. I had a navy doctor and definitly wanted a civilian. It was a pain in the but getting all the paper work together and going to paying no bills to paying bills. However, it was well worth it. Just make sure you get a copy of your records or a referal so you can have your old doctor fax over your papers to your new. Also, its very hard finding someone after 28 weeks or something like that. Im not saying its impossible but here in fl its hard to find a doctor that will take you half way through your pregnancy. Gl hun. Dont stay with someone your not comfortable with. i agree with navywife you have enough to worry about.
    Proudparent707

Answer by Proudparent707 at 9:45 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I had to change doctors...we couldnt afford our apartment and i was eight months pregnant, almost nine...when my husbands mother invited us to move from Maine To Conneticut...we took the risk and did it...I had no problems transitioning from one doctor to another...they were great! they got me in right away within a week after moving, and had my file from my old doctor ready...he was concerned where i was so late in my pregnancy and didnt know me...but he took over an hour just talking with me so he could get to know me and my pregnancy....a good doctor will take the time to make sure you are comfortable!
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 9:53 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• i did bc of a move, but the first dr was kind of short with me as well. i barely saw him i think 2 or 3 times by the time i left which was around 6 months or so. i had a midwife after i moved and LOVE her. when i get prego again, i'll go back to her. and i was only with her from around 32 weeks or so (stupid medicaid took FOREVER to switch over bc i moved states). If you arent comfortable there's no way you can go through labor with that person. i say change asap.....good luck!
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 10:48 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• SWITCH ASAP! I switched from an OB to a CNM at 30 wks and its the best thing I've ever done!
    ma2b08

Answer by ma2b08 at 1:58 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I switched early on~
    It. Was. THE. Best. Choice. I. Have. Ever. Made!!!!!!
    ;-D
    I actually switched to a midwife.
    I was treated SO much better, on a lot of different levels.

If you're not high-risk, a switch to a different kind of provider can be so much better.
    Do you need a surgeon/high-risk specialist?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 3:34 PM on Sep. 22, 2009