Vicidin and Darvocet?

What are the effects for the baby because I have severe back pain and my doctor has ruled the benifit over the complications and perscribed it to me I dont know what I would do without it I didnt sleep for three days because of my back pain I am all baby so I have serious serious back pain..What does it do to the baby?

zoeilyy

Asked by zoeilyy at 9:42 AM on Sep. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I don't really know, but I have been very sick a couple of times during my pregnancy and the doctor has perscribed me Vicoden, and there seemed to be no effects, the doctor said it was safe to use while pregnant.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 9:49 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I would definately ask you doctor about the possible side effects from long term use. Those are high powered drugs and you should be completely aware of the possibilities before you decide to take them. Good luck!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 9:59 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Have you tried acupuncture?
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 10:02 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• There are no effects, NOW if it were taken every day for weeks on end, then there could be some cause to worry, but in late trimesters and only on occasion, it's fine
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:16 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• have you seen a chiropractor? that could help you tremendously!
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 12:39 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• http://safefetus.com/DrugDetail.asp?DrugId=1133&TradeName=Vicodin&TradeId=2719

From this site on Darvocet:
    http://www.drugs.com/darvocet.html

FDA pregnancy category C. It is not known whether Darvocet is harmful to an unborn baby, but it could cause breathing problems or addiction/withdrawal symptoms in a newborn

happySAHMmomof2

Answer by happySAHMmomof2 at 1:52 PM on Sep. 22, 2009