Breastfeeding and sex drive

I am breastfeeding and have no sex drive whatsoever. My baby is almost 8 months old now and I still haven't gotten a period. I don't know if that has anything to do with it. But, I'm thinking that maybe since I'm not ovulating then maybe my hormones are still out of whack and just not producing any of the hormones that make me want to have sex.
Does that make sense? Does anyone know more about it? I was thinking of taking some kind of OTC libido pill, but they're not recommended for lactating women. Any other suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:44 AM on Sep. 22, 2009 in Relationships

• There's been times in the past where my libido went way down, and what helped me was just forcing myself to have sex all the time. After a day or so of not really caring about doing it, I'd start getting into it and really wanting it more :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:49 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I'd take a pregnancy test, and def. go see my OBGYN
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 9:50 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• She is right. The more you have sex, the more sex drive you will have. Some times you have to get behind the wheel to make the car start rolling.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:52 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I didn't have a period for 2 years! I am still breastfeeding and they recently put me on a regular birth control to make me start my period, but I didn't have one from the time I got pregnant till a few months ago and my dd is now 20 months old. I definately wouldn't take a OTC pill. Could you imagine your baby getting some of that libido pill? Not good.... just wait it out and concentrate on your baby right now and have sex to see if taht helps. Maybe once you get into it you will enjoy it. :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:07 PM on Sep. 22, 2009