who gets up?!?

i wonder if my husband work 5pm-12am and im off for 6 weeks, and he sleeps till about 3:30pm when he gets off. who should get up to feed the baby in the late morning, like @ 4am? if i've been with her all day?? & for the people that say me.. when should my husband spend time with her if he sleeps allday?? this is a 3 weeks old baby...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:15 AM on Sep. 22, 2009 in About CafeMom

• You are the mom. It's your job to take care of her. He takes care of you by working. Get up and feed the baby.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:17 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• you, he should get up at 3pm instead
    Anonymous

• like i said when will he have time to spend with her then. and when i do go back to work i work from 7am-5pm so i will be getting my last hours of sleep when she wakes up in the late morning.. so who u say should get up then??
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:19 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• you
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:20 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• He should still help, irreguardless, you guys need to work out a schedule that works for both of you.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 10:24 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• you
    Mesha125

Answer by Mesha125 at 10:37 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• You should be the one to be getting up with your child. Your hubby is doing his best and your a mother now if sleep is more important then getting up with your child and bitching about it, then maybe you should have waited to have a child. When our DD was born my hubby worked 9:30pm till 7:30am then he came home and I went to work from 8:30am till 3:30pm and he slept when she did and then when i got home he slept till 6:30pm and got up and ate and got ready for work and spent some time with us. You do what you have to once you become a parent. Sounds to me your being selfish and being a parent and being selfish doesn't workout so well.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:38 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• -cont from 10:38am-

Oh another thing your child's schedule will be changing a bit and you have a 3wk old by the time your on your way back to work she just may not be getting up at 4am. But right now your hubby is doing what is best so let him get his sleep, and stop being selfish.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:43 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• the schedule you are working out now will fly out the window when you live by her schedule. She doesn't know she is on time clock and will eat when she wants not when you think she should. You are both going to have to learn to be flexible. You cannot just divide it up like a chores list.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:35 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Sounds like your issue is more that he doesn't spend time with the baby. If so, that is a question you need to be asking him. A lot of times dads just don't mesh into the new baby thing. You can't make him help you and forcing the issue can make not want to all the more. He will spend time with her when he wants to. Welcome to motherhood!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:39 PM on Sep. 22, 2009