Washing stuffed animals?

My son has his stuffed Eeyore he LOVES, drags with him everywhere, sleeps every night with it. Well last night he threw up, and it doesnt seem to have gotten on eeyore, but id like to wash it as well, i jsut never have before, and want to make sure it isnt going to get destroyed in the washer, lol. thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:17 AM on Sep. 22, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• put it in a pillowcase that's how mom used to wash ours & how i wash dd's, they have never messed up :)
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:19 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• *disclaimer about pillowcase washing

make sure that if there IS foreign material on the stuffy guy, you rinse it off before you put him in the pillowcase.

make sure that the pillowcase is big enough (i keep a king sized one around solely for this purpose)

wash in warm, rinse in cold. it activates the soap, and rinses better in cold. also, make sure that you use a large enough load cycle so that it'll rinse properly, and not leave soap on him.

I wash "Daniel" like this, and he is now 22 years old. he was my favorite stuffy guy when i was a wee one, and now he belongs to my DD. poor guy has seen more vomit then a bodily fluids clean up kit @ walmart.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 10:25 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Don't put it in the dryer, let it air dry, I almost ruined my daughters favorite baby doll. But I wash mine in a pillow case too.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 10:26 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• perfect! thanks guys, what about the dryer? put him in or let him air dry? thanks again so much! :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:28 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• oh perfect!! i jsut saw the dryer answer, thanks!
    Anonymous

• i put mine in the dryer b/c it takes a while to air dry & plus mildew can grow inside if it's not completley dry
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:36 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• If your dryer has it use a non-heat setting
    mrsmommy2007

Answer by mrsmommy2007 at 11:05 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I put mine in the dryer too and use a pillow case. Just make sure there is nothing on the toy that can "melt". If it can, then use a setting without heat or that is just an air dry setting. If the toy has parts that can melt, you can also put it in the freezer overnight to kill the germs.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:43 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I use washer and dryer for my son's stuffed animals all the time.
    Proud2bJmom

Answer by Proud2bJmom at 11:43 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• It has some sort or rattle thing in the stomach, so i didnt put it in the dryer, but it didnt seem to be super wet when i pulled it out of the washer but its so pretty and clean looking though, lol like its brand new!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:47 AM on Sep. 22, 2009