Going on month 8 of TTC and wondering...

I was on BC for 4.5 years. I went off on 2/8/09. I almost immediately gained 8lbs. The following months my cycles were 24, 26, 27, 28, 28, 46 (not sure what happened here), and 31 days, so we've been ttc for almost 8 months. I just decided to start using OPK's. I'm at day 17 without a confirmed positive, so I'm concerned that even though I've been getting a period, I haven't been ovulating. Oh, and I've been having night sweats on and off, and bloating. I had blood work done in June on cycle day 12 that tested for Estradiol, FSH, LH, Prolactin, and TSH. Everything was normal. This cycle I haven't noticed much fertile CM. I guess my question is what do I do next as far as testing goes? Or do I wait for at least a year? My emotions are really beginning to spiral. Thanks for any advice.

jen2100

Asked by jen2100 at 10:23 AM on Sep. 22, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• You can get a blood test on day 21 of your cycle to see if you are ovulating or not. I'm going through the same spiral,girl! Good Luck!
    burning_woman

Answer by burning_woman at 1:03 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Thanks very much for that. I had actually planned on doing the day 21 progesterone test. Unfortunately it's on a Saturday. Hopefully there will be a lab I can go to. Or I have also heard that I can test on day 23 with accurate results as well.
    jen2100

Answer by jen2100 at 1:12 PM on Sep. 22, 2009