What kind of birth control worked/works best for you?

I had an IUD in for a while and it worked great, but I had it taken out so we could have another baby. Some things came up, and my husband and I decided I should go back on birth control. I don't want an IUD again. Suggestions? What has worked the best for you ladies?

weezer_cookie

Asked by weezer_cookie at 10:27 AM on Sep. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• getting my tubes tied.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 10:28 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• best for me, condoms....birth control pills make me really sick, bleh....*knock on wood* the only time i got preggo is when i tried so, gl :)
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:28 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• well here's the deal, the depo has kept me from getting preggo but this last shot i had all the side effects i think you can get from it. i thought i was prego it was so crazy. (4 yes i said 4 hpts all said - )

so its good as far as no baby but the side effects suck. and they didnt start till my 3rd shot. i really cant wait until next month, cuz after that it should start wearing off.....
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 10:52 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• The nuvaring is not as effective as it claims to be, I know 4 people including myself who have gotten pregnant on it. The pill works but not if you forget to take it LOL--After my daughter is born I am going to try Implanon-the one that goes in your arm...everyone I know that has it swears by it and it's less invasive than an IUD.
    Hope this helps!
    MommyKKay

Answer by MommyKKay at 11:28 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I've heard good things about Implanon as well. Maybe I'll go that route.
    weezer_cookie

Answer by weezer_cookie at 10:11 AM on Sep. 23, 2009