What can I give or do for my sick three month old?

My baby last night came down with something I think its just a small cold. He was coughing, sneezing and really fussing. I took his temp and it was 99.3 so I gave him some tylenol (the doctors gave it to me in the birth center and told me how much to give him if needed). I know tylenol helps pain and breaking a fever, but is there anything I can get or do to help it all with out rushing him to the doctors? I am planning on doing it if he does not get better or gets worse in the next three days. Thank you

HuntersMama09

Asked by HuntersMama09 at 10:37 AM on Sep. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Nothing else you can give. And any baby that is 3 months and younger has to be seen by a doctor for fever
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 10:41 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• no more tylenol 99 isn't a fever in a child that age, if it's about 100, then give something for fever...probally allergies, get a vaporizer and that's about all you can do, suction his nose and get saline drops
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:42 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• ok I will try the vaporizer. and stop using the tylenol. thanks.
    HuntersMama09

Answer by HuntersMama09 at 10:43 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• vicks makes a vaporizer you can put hot water in it and the vicks solution it works great, i got one for my dd when she was a baby and still use it for her and now for my son
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:46 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• tylenol in well spaced dosages isn't going to hurt your baby and actually it is a fever in a 3 month old its like 101 is when you have to take them to the DR. you know your baby and his moods use your judgement. My Dr told me to get my daughter and humidifier for this cough she can't seem to shake and saline drops are always good but shes seen a dr 4 times in the past 5 months and they have never given her any medicine so dont be alarmed f they dont.
    JocelynsMama1

Answer by JocelynsMama1 at 10:48 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• With the swine flu going around I'd call the doctor and ask what to do

Answer by admckenzie at 12:01 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• if he is congested try steaming up the bath room and sitting with him in there for about 5 minutes. when my sonw as born he got congested really bad since it was the middle of winter we did the steam 'showers' and it helps clear his congestion up we would right after suction his nose, gentaly!, and it got really bad at one point i laid on out bed with him and id the vicks steam vapor for about 30 minutes and we put a humidifier in his room at night and that cleard him right up.

MarksMommy09

Answer by MarksMommy09 at 1:11 PM on Sep. 22, 2009