how do u get rid of juhovis witnesses??

i have NOTHING agents peoples beliefs to each there own..but for over a year now they are knocking at my door ( even my porch door, my sun room door ) any door they can find. i have said to them nicely no thank you, or not intrestedand they still come sometimes 2x's in one day. ( even the same people ) they park there car and a group will get out and walk the neighborhood knocking on all doors ( swear it almost looks like clowns coming out of a mini car ) sometimes 6 people. if im outside with my son they come over, i have to run to my van its like they stalk cause i turn around and BAM there there. check the mail...poof there there. even in the winter with 3 feet of snow. i have no idea what to do, when does no thank u mean no thank you. any idea's...my dh said to answer door naked..lol..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:48 AM on Sep. 22, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• You need to call the Kingdom Hall (or write a letter) and you need to tell them to that you wish not to be visited, you feel you are being harassed and you want it marked on their "Territory Card" if you don't use those words "territory card" they won't mark you and it will start again in a month or so. But what you are describing doesn't sound like real witnesses. We had a real issue around here with a group of ex-witnesses that was trying to force the town in to telling the witnesses to move their hall... They were doing the things you talk about more than the real ones were... Being raised as a witness I have never seen them work the same street more than once in a 6 month period - ever! In fact we are lucky to get them here once every few years. But that's what you'll have to do to get them to stop, is simply call the hall.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:14 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Get a restraining order and call the police if they keep coming by. You need to put your foot down they are getting into creepy stalker mod.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 10:50 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• okay anyways tell them you're an athiest
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:50 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I used to sick my chow chows on them. It only took twice and they never came back.
    Kaelansmom

Answer by Kaelansmom at 10:52 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• That answer will keep them coming, they will believe your a lost soul and they need to save you.
    Ministerswife

Answer by Ministerswife at 10:52 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• i always ask them if they would like to join my cult :)
    necro1134

Answer by necro1134 at 10:57 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• my husband decided to mess with them once....he let them come in and sat down with them for an hour debating on why the bible is wrong and why thier religion is wrong (now mind you my husband likes ALL religions) he had them so tounge tied they never came back! my husband is very very very intelligent and loves using his brain, sarcasm, and knowledge to scare them away...
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 11:00 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• A NO SOLICITING sign (can be handmade) and when they still knock, inform them that if they persist, you will call the police for harassment charges against them.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:03 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Actually, going to the door naked won't even stop them. Once, on a Sunday morning, I was walking from my living room to my bedroom without a top on (can't remember if I had on a bra or not) and there were TWO at my door, looking in. One was an older gentleman, one was a young guy. I slunk down to the floor, waddled over to a bureau where I had some t-shirts, put one over my head, waited a few minutes, and stood up... believe it or not, they were STILL there. this was back when I had no spine (weak) so I actually ended up going to the door! stupid me. Believe it or not the older guy just started talking to me like nothing had happened. I could tell the younger guy was embarrassed to still be there.

I thought it was funny later.
    NewDay810

Answer by NewDay810 at 11:06 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• They came to my house last weekend. I listened to them for a few minutes and did agree that things are getting out of hand these days (it's true). Then I politely told them that I was Catholic, was very strong in my beliefs and had no desire to change my religion. I then shook their hands, thanked them for coming by and told them to have a nice day. We'll see if they listened.

You've already done that and it didn't work. I would put up no soliciting or no trespassing signs. If they still come to your door, I would tell them you don't appreciate it and will have to call the authorities if they don't respect your wishes.
    Littlebit722

Answer by Littlebit722 at 11:06 AM on Sep. 22, 2009