Anyone have a good white noise cd or something?

My house is small with creaky hard wood floors so my son hears everything and wakes up. We had a fan to drown out the noise a little but its getting too cold at night to have the fan on. ( he is bald and will not keep blankets on) I need something that is loud enough and soothing that will help him sleep. It needs to run kinda long if its a cd. Any suggestions appreciated.

kelka24

Asked by kelka24 at 11:02 AM on Sep. 22, 2009 in General Parenting

• a fish tank lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:03 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I got a sound machine from Walmart for around $15 that has the ocean, waterfall, white noise, heartbeat, rainforest...works wonders!
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:04 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• you can download whitenoise online and copy the file over and over in itunes then put it on a cd. thats what we did.
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 11:06 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I still use a fan for my son, I face it towards the wall and put him in fleece pj's. he's also super sensitive to light so if I turn on a CD there's this red light that turns on and that bothers him more! arg!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:11 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• We have a sound machine that has a projection thing on it its wonderful!
    babyg34

Answer by babyg34 at 11:50 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• It's a good idea to keep the fan on. Just don't blow it on him.

The latest way to reduce SIDS risk is to have a fan in the baby's room.
    GailllAZ

Answer by GailllAZ at 12:06 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Another idea is to make the house noisier, so he is used to sleeping with sounds. It's a healthier way to live, rather than trying to control all the noises and turning into a princess about sleeping conditions...

In many wild cultures, babies are intentionally kept around a lot of noise and activity so that sleeping can happen 'anywhere, anytime' for the rest of their lives. I suspect it's healthier.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 2:57 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• We play Nicholette Larsons Sleep Baby Sleep cd every night. They love it, we push the repeat cd button and it drowns out creaking floors at night and my blow dryer in the morning. Good luck. I highly recomend this cd to all moms out there. It is awesome, but not in stores, you can get it online though.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 2:14 PM on Sep. 23, 2009