Are my kids the only ones?

Who eat peanut butter straight out of the jar? They just grab the jar and a spoon, and will sit and eat scoop after scoop. But the funny thing is, I can't get them to eat peanut butter sandwiches. They only like it, right out of the jar.

my2.5boys

Asked by my2.5boys at 11:22 AM on Sep. 22, 2009 in General Parenting

• I still do that - in fact I did that last night...
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:22 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• mine do that lol...once in awhile my son trys to get a spoon and the mayo...im like umm no..then he will ask for bread with just mayo...still no..then i say look a yummy shinny apple and that works he wants the apple instead of the mayo...lol.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 11:24 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• IDK know about peanut butter but my kids won't eat sandwiches made with lunch meat but they will eat the lunch meat by itself!! and cheese slices. I'd hate for someone to be at my house and see my kids eating lunch meat by itself, they might think I'm too lazy to make them a sandwich!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:25 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I have always like eating eat penut butter straight out of the jar.

Answer by louise2 at 11:26 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• hehe as a snack i would take one scoop of peanut butter out of the jar and dip the spoon into a bag full of chocolate chips...it was a good quick sweet fix.
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 11:30 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• my youngest loves a spoonful of pb.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 12:39 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Yes, and I do the same sometimes but our rule in our home is "NO DOUBLE DIPPING!!"
    cat4458

Answer by cat4458 at 12:56 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• No yours aren't the only ones, mine are constantly eating the peanut butter straight out of the jar. They do like pb&j sandwiches though.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 1:04 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Mmmm... pre-chewed peanuts.

Since the only ingredient in the pb I buy is peanuts, I've never minded when my kids do this... and I do it, too. I don't buy the kind with shortening and icing sugar and salt added.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 1:42 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• hummmmmmmmmm I can smell it now but I like on Ritz crackers.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:03 PM on Sep. 22, 2009