my baby is getting on my nerves!

i know i sound like a horrible mom but my 6 weeks old is getting on my nerves. he's so whiney...all he wants is for me to hold & rock him(he's been fed & changed) grr... i need some "me time"

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:33 AM on Sep. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• ****hugs***** It will get better. And then you'll miss all the cuddling :) Funny how that works.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:36 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• he is 6 weeks old. what did you expect? [not trying to sound mean.] Infants NEED to be held and rocked. Thats just how it is. You can have "me" time during his naps or at night. Welcome to motherhood.
    Mrs.Loeffel

Answer by Mrs.Loeffel at 11:37 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Yes! Welcome to Motherhood. They are babies...they've been surrounded in your belly for 9 months and now he is out in the world and needs your love and cuddling. My 20 month old still loves to cuddle. Cherish those times...they will soon be gone. Also do you have someone who can keep him for you for a bit so you can go out and have some alone time? Even if you just go for a pedicure.
    babyg34

Answer by babyg34 at 11:46 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Hold him as much as possible...you can't spoil a baby. Holding him and meeting his needs, emotional as well as physical will help him to develop a sense of security. Is it possible you could have some post partum depression going on? Talk to your OB or pediatrician about it.
    jlm202610

Answer by jlm202610 at 11:46 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I would encourage you to write out a schedule, minute by minute this will help him adjust and you get some "Me" time... also try a warm bath, make sure that his need is not medical, you could talk to your Dr it could be his formula ... no matter what - - - a baby has never died from crying, so if you feel stressed, put him in a safe place - his bed with not blankets - and walk away - call a friend or other supporters to help you in your time of need .... but never never get angry with him - I know most people say "I would never hurt my child" but when stress takes over sometimes things happen.... chat if you need to with someone here too... most of all enjoy your new son, he is truely a blessing
    BlessingsBegin

Answer by BlessingsBegin at 11:47 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• It may not get better for a long time. Welcome to the real world of being a mommy. What is me time?

Get a baby sling, put your baby in, and learn to do stuff with your baby. If you are breastfeeding your mothering hormones should be starting to kick in around 6 weeks and you should start to feel the benefits of oxytocin, the love hormone, prolactin, the mothering hormone, and endorphins, the natural feel good drug the body makes.
    GailllAZ

Answer by GailllAZ at 11:48 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I know how you feel you just want to say damn shut up already you have all your lil needs done just go to bed or something, but guess what they cant understand you but sometimes when my newborn does it I know this sould horrible but i just scream at the top of my lungs go lay him in the bed and go outside and smoke a cig and then im clamed down and go in and try again. You would think they would give up and just go to sleep but they are very persistant and you just have to give in a rock him.
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 11:49 AM on Sep. 22, 2009