How do you count the days...

How do you count the days of your cycle. Are u suppose to start the day your period starts or the day after it ends. Im trying to figure out if Im late because I have a normal cycle, I started my cycle on the 29 thur the 2nd of July and then I had another normal period on Aug. 23-28. Now Im not to sure why it came so early in Sept. and didnt stay long at all, only two days 15-17 Im just not sure if I missed it. And yes I could be prego and I also took a test which was negitive, so PLEASE HELP if you can, THANK U and GOD BLESS

MaryLynn777

Asked by MaryLynn777 at 11:47 AM on Sep. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I don't. Never have. As far as I know, I have a long cycle, because in talking with friends we sometimes have periods at the same time, and other times theirs come earlier and earlier than mine, until we overlap again.

If you have an unusually short flow, or a weird timing, you could be pregnant or miscarrying. Wait until at least a week after your 'normal' dates to start and then take the test again --the longer you leave it the less likely you'll get a false negative.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 12:47 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• start on the first day of your period, then count how many days til your next period and that is how many days are in your cycle. Ovulation should occur somewhere in the middle of that. Hope that helps a little
    SuperMomof3kids

Answer by SuperMomof3kids at 12:49 PM on Sep. 22, 2009