Does anyone else have a small belly?

I'm 32 weeks. I just started showing like last month. Everyone is constantly commenting about my belly size. It is wrecking my nerves. The doctor said at 32 weeks I was measuring 31 weeks and that was normal because I am having a girl and girls are smaller. I guess if the doctor says I'm ok then I shouldn't worry. Anyone else like this?

jessiepink

Asked by jessiepink at 12:06 PM on Sep. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Measuring is just an estimate of the number of weeks along. Being a week or two off doesn't matter. If the doctor thinks there is a problem he will do an ultrasound to make sure the baby is growing and there is enough fluid.

Mothers who smoke can have small babies.
    GailllAZ

Answer by GailllAZ at 12:10 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• im thesame way i popped out at bout 34-35 wks trust me u will i went from cute belly to major stretch marks
    momatonly16

Answer by momatonly16 at 12:10 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Thanks. I definitely don't smoke. I can't get any healthier right now. No processed foods, only grains, vegetables, and lean meats. And I'm still working out 1 hour a day.
    jessiepink

Answer by jessiepink at 12:13 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• i smoke and my belly is is far from small and my baby is around 7lbs right now at 38wks so smoking isnt always the reason for a small baby some people just have small babies
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:15 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I keep being told that my belly is small but I don't see it, lol. I'm 36 weeks and I haven't gained any weight. My belly has gotten bigger and I measure out okay and to me thats what matters. Because of me not gaining weight I've had to get checked a lot more than with my other pregnancies but everything checks out okay and my baby is doing fine which is also, all that matters, lol. Good for you! I don't have the restraint to eat like you do but YOU GO GIRL!
    Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 12:18 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• i am pretty small too im 30 weeks and measured in at 29 weeks ppl keep saying to me ur due nxt jan right im like noo she will be here with in the nxt 7-9 weeks
    MyPrincesses421

Answer by MyPrincesses421 at 12:47 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Nope i'm huge and people love to say it. 33 weeks- there's a pic of my belly on my profile.

I'm constantly in tears from the mean comments my family give me about it.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 1:02 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• My belly was small... the rest of me got HUGE!!! :)
    burning_woman

Answer by burning_woman at 1:25 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• i feel huge... but my doc says everything looks fine. no one has said i ws big or small... i just feel fat excpet when sweet pea moves ;) just focus on the doctor...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:34 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I was small my entire pregnancy and I just had a healthy 7lbs 5oz baby boy (by c-section). My boyfriend looks at him all the time and says "How did he fit in there?". Lol.
    xCalliex

Answer by xCalliex at 1:37 PM on Sep. 22, 2009