A 8 months should my baby be getting herself to sit up on her own OR just have the balance once put in a sitting position?

I am not sure what all the books mean by "baby should be sitting without support"

Ellie can sit for a long period of time without support but she can't get into a sitting position by herself. She sure does try though!

I am just curious since she is 8.5 months old

girlneffy

Asked by girlneffy at 12:07 PM on Sep. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Most babies her age could be getting themselves into the sitting position. There is a wide range of normal. Next time you take her to her health care provider I would bring it up. Some babies are walking at 9 months.
    GailllAZ

Answer by GailllAZ at 12:12 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Yes
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:12 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• my son is a week from being 9 months and can set up very well by himself but can't get into sitting position by himself.also can not crawl eithre but he tries to but hasn't got the hang of it yet. He was a late roller over too so I am not too worried. Hang in there your lo will soon be getting into setting position by her self
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 12:16 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• My daughter is almost 8 months old, and just this last week learned how to do that. It is around the age you baby has, they learn to do that. If she is trying, she will probably get it soon.
    LilyandEmmasMom

Answer by LilyandEmmasMom at 12:52 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• my son is 8 months and he is rolling from tummy to back and back to tunnmy he can get into a sittin position on his own when laying down he just started crawling he is pulling him self up in his pack n play and on any furniture he can and he is bouncing when standing

i hope that helps i THINK she should be sitting up on her own but every kid moves differently and it seems girls to things slower then boys do
    MarksMommy09

Answer by MarksMommy09 at 1:07 PM on Sep. 22, 2009