Is 265.00 a lot to pay for window tinting?

I got my windows tinted this weekend on my chevy cobalt and I paid $265 for it. When I got back home I had a lot of people tell me that I paid way too much to get it done and only a few said that is sounded like a decent amount.

It was high performance tint with a lifetime warranty.

ProudMom_5703

Asked by ProudMom_5703 at 12:07 PM on Sep. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

Level 1 (-7 Credits)
  • for a car??? nope not really
    momatonly16

Answer by momatonly16 at 12:12 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Nope that is about what my X charges...he has been in the business for 18 years. Just make sure it has a lifetime guarantee against fading and bubbles....
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 12:19 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I paid $150 for just the rear passenger/back windows, but that was about 5 years ago, so I'm not sure how much prices have gone up since then. They're SUPER dark (like 6%, according the the NYPD who pulled me over, lol. I got them done in CA and shipped my car over there when I moved). I agree with mamakirs, as long as it has a guarantee against fading and bubbles, you will get your money's worth.

My mom has a huge scar running down her face from a skin cancer surgery in 1995, so any type of protection from the sun is worth it to me!
    ThaMCE

Answer by ThaMCE at 12:23 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• My dh had a 2 week career as a windowtinter; that sounds about right.
    happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 12:27 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• ITS EXTREMELY GOOD ...IT USUALLY COST ABOUT 400 DOLLARS, AND YOU HAVE WARRANTY AND ITS PROLLY NOT GONNA TURN PURPLE EITHER LOL!
    ELIZABETHSMO902

Answer by ELIZABETHSMO902 at 12:52 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• lol... thank you so much! I feel a lot better now about spending that amount of money on something that I have always wanted.
    ProudMom_5703

Answer by ProudMom_5703 at 1:01 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I work at a car dealership. I charge the customers $299 for a car. That is high, but most of them dont know any better. It cost me $150. you can go to the same guys shop and have it done for $150. But most people dont shop around for tint. And most places warranty tint for life b/c if it peels or bubbles they will say you cleaned it with windex (which voids the warranty!) Windex or chemicals with "amionia" in them is what turns the tint purple and causes it to bubble. Just use water or buy the windex that says "safe for tint" on it, just so you know.
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 4:39 PM on Sep. 22, 2009