If you were President for one day what would you do for this country?

I know one person can't change the country in just a day, but it's fun to just stretch the imagination and dream a little.

Jewelzgirl

Asked by Jewelzgirl at 12:15 PM on Sep. 22, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I'd make laws where jobs would be available to everyone, employeers can't be tooo picky, people deserve a chance!
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 12:17 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Well, knowing that I couldn't accomplish anything in a day for the country... and spend my 24 hrs reading through all the classified assassination, secret experiement, & UFO files :-)
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 12:22 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Um, that was supposed to be I'd ---- not and.... but I'm sure ya figured that out already :-)
    Laura1229

• If I enact anything despite Congress (we are living in make believe, may as well go all in)..... I would enact Fair Tax.

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:30 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I would completely re do the prison system in this country, they would become independantly self sufficient by growing food and raising livestock for food, and providing their own work for the food and such, no TVs, No college education while in prison, but job skills and life skills and coping skills would be taught. Obviously there are the inmates who cant be rehabilitated, so thats another issue, but workable. I would also decriminalize MOST drug offenders in prison and use the money saved from feeding, TV and college stuff in prion to set up a better rehabilitation system for drug offenders, also to teach them life skills and coping skills. I think those 2 things would change a lot in this country. I would also send the people that are working in this country (but from another) back to the country they came from and open up the blue collar labor market again to be fair for those that are actual citizens but (cont)
    SuperMomof3kids

Answer by SuperMomof3kids at 12:33 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I'd return this country to the Constitutional-republic it was meant to be. I'd bring all our troops home from Iraq, Afghanistan, Germany, Italy, Korea, and the 180-some odd other countries we're occupying, I'd abolish the IRS, the Federal Reserve, Homeland Security, and all the other un-constitutional agencies, I'd return the power to the individual states to manage their own affairs--the way government was intended to be managed, so (for example) that the people in Massachusetts can have the type of government they want, and the people in Texas can govern themselves the way they like. I'd also end the "War on Drugs". That's all I can think of for now, but I think that would be enough for one day--and it would at least be enough to get us going in the right direction, lol!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:34 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I would unseal all adoption records and restore all adoptees the right to access their own records. No one in this country should not be allowed to see their own OBC.
    Southernroots

Answer by Southernroots at 12:35 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• CONT) are unable to get jobs in the labor market due to the underbidding by the others. I know many blue collar laborers that cant work because the job market is flooded with people here on a work visa but that money doesnt stay in this country, it gets sent back by the workers family in other countries while the citizens are struggling to pay the electric here
    SuperMomof3kids

Answer by SuperMomof3kids at 12:36 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Fire everyone and start over
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 12:37 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I'd declare that the sitting president will be allowed to run the country the way he sees fit, without the constant derision of the opposing political party.

tpickle

Answer by tpickle at 12:49 PM on Sep. 22, 2009