Curses pt. 2

Another issue concerning curses. Most people who perform magic feel that what we send out is returned to us, some believe it is multiplied with 3 times being the most popular belief. If you believe this to be true, do you believe that something (or someone) is judging our actions & determining what is positive & what is negative energy so the appropriate energy can be returned? Does intent change the energy that returns? For example if a spells intent was peace for your family but that peace came at the price of someone else's comfort. Does it change if you thought ahead of what it might cost someone else or if you didn't foresee it? Our ideas of right & wrong are determined by our society. If the society doesn't know your actions (spells performed), how can those standards be applied to this "rule of three"?

nysa00

Asked by nysa00 at 12:15 PM on Sep. 22, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I like the rule of 3 but don't buy in to it 100%. I do use it as a "rule". But I like the "law of attraction" better. To me it's a combination of intent as well as thought. If you intend to help someone get away from her abusive husband and know she's only with him because they have kids, the loss of kids in a house fire would get her away from her, but at what cost? The intent was good, but the outcome was horrid!

The law of attraction spells out that what ever energy we put out comes back. So, lets say your intent with a spell is good, your energy is also. But then something goes wrong that you didn't see. Now, you are sending out guilt and negative energy. That will come back too. The energy we send out at the time of our actions is only a one time deal, but as we see our actions take affect we continue to add to that energy.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:24 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• So I see it this way, how energy returns to us is affected by a number of things...
    1.) how we feel when the action is taken
    2.) how we feel as we see the consiquenses of our action
    3.) how the energy from others is projected to us... We suffer because their energy is negtive towards us.

So, intent is just one part... This is also how I view the rule of 3... Energy isn't returned to us 3 times but 3 fold... those 3 folds are those above.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:28 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Sabrina I really like your answers, that gave me some things to think about. In general I believe that "positive" & "negative" are relative concepts, so we can only choose our actions based on what is best for us, not what is right or wrong. However, that requires a lot of thought before acting. One has to foresee the different ways our actions can effect us. I hadn't factored in the energy we will create when we see the consequences of our actions, but of course that makes a lot of sense.

nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 12:34 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• i agree with Sabrina :) well put.
    necro1134

Answer by necro1134 at 2:41 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Intent and emotional state are VERY important. If your reason is for revenge or just plain nastiness, you'll end up experiencing. But there are people, like the curanderas in South America and Mexico, who routinely cast both helping spells AND curses and have no rule of 3 or negative consequences coming back upon them. So one's personal power can have something to do with the fact that the rule of 3 doesn't always work.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 6:28 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I do NOT believe this to be true. So I am unable to answer. Moving on to pt.3.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 10:57 PM on Sep. 22, 2009