If you were given the power to make on law the law of the land, what woult that law be? And why?

Jewelzgirl

Asked by Jewelzgirl at 12:16 PM on Sep. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I would unseal all adoption records, stop sealing them and allow adoptees access to their records. I hear many excuses about why adoptees should not have access to their OBCs, but none of the reasons seem right to me or make sense. And, for the record, I am a birth mom who had never told anyone about my relinquished son for over 30 years, until he found me.
    Southernroots

Answer by Southernroots at 12:27 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I wish MI would unseal them too. My gram who is now 88 yrs old was born there to an unwed mother and a "prominent Detroit business man" according to the papers in 1922. She signed what they required and still won't open them at least not til after she passes away. They think families want money from birth families...all we want to know is who she is from and if she has or had at this point sibs. It is not fair. She is an old woman and has plenty of her own money. I think everyone has a right to know where they are from. Screw privacy! Be honest from the get go and then we won't have these problems.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:09 PM on Sep. 22, 2009