You find a lottery ticket on the ground. Checking the numbers, you discover the ticket has the winning numbers. Do you try to find the owner of the winning ticket or do you cash it in as your own?

Recently I read a story where a couple found a winning lottery ticket, cashed it in, but ended up in court when another individual came forward and said the ticket belonged to her. Unfortunately, in this case, the individual was able to prove the ticket belonged to her and the couple had to give the money left to the individual. I'm just curious is other people would have cashed in the ticket, if they had found the ticket to be a winner. I know I would.

Jewelzgirl

Asked by Jewelzgirl at 12:19 PM on Sep. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• It is my ticket now!
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 12:20 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I'd at least try, and I'd counter sue for at least finding the ticket, that should be worth something!
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 12:21 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Hell yeah I'd cash it in! If the rightful owner wanted to take me to court and could prove it was theirs. then so be it but it would be worth a shot!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:26 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Id give it back.The original owner may need the money more than i do. You never know wats going on in someone elses life.Someone got hold of my bank card number and spent 200 dollars on dominoes pizza when i NEED that money for my child.People r selfish and only think about themselves but i wont be like that
    babysyoungmom1

Answer by babysyoungmom1 at 12:45 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I am going to be 5 on this one and say "finders keepers losers weepers"
    Yet karma is a bitch
    hmmmmmmmmmmmmm?
    J.P

Answer by J.P at 12:56 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Finders Keepers. I would figure that the Universe wanted me to have it.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:56 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Finders Keepers, Losers Weepers! lol
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 2:50 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Hey, I just bought "Mega Millions." here in NY and it's up to $62 million. Wish me luck . I won't lose the ticket. lol
    sweetmom1007

Answer by sweetmom1007 at 3:03 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• i found it , its mine lol.,..

Actually last night my husband called to say his workoffice had won over 250,000 ...they all put in a dollar a week to play the lottery.....and guess who the only one in the office not to put $1 in and therefor not getting a cut....my husband of course !
    could have killed him
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 3:30 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Cash it as my own! Finders keepers, losers weepers!
    brikay1

Answer by brikay1 at 9:00 PM on Sep. 22, 2009