DANGER: Purex 3 in 1 detergent sheets

HEY! my MIL had been using these sheets and it practically ruined her washer and dryer! it made the washer tear buttons off of my little ones clothes and clogged the lint collecter. Also sucked an entire sheet into it and almost ruined the pump! She is currently working with them trying to get them to pay for the repairs.

Mamakat90

Asked by Mamakat90 at 12:23 PM on Sep. 22, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Thanks for the info
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 12:25 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I appreciate the info. Was considering trying them, but now, I think I will just stick to my regular detergent...
    LilyandEmmasMom

Answer by LilyandEmmasMom at 12:28 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• How can it make the washer tear buttons off clothes? I don't think it's the product. I think it's the washer.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:01 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Yeah, how did a detergent sheet tear buttons off of clothes?
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 1:02 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• It stuck to a part of the inner lining and compromised the smoothness of the inside... it caused a flap that the buttons got caught in..
    Mamakat90

Answer by Mamakat90 at 1:20 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I'll have to watch out for this. I have been using them for a few months and I haven't had any problems at all. I really like the convenience.
    4kidz916

Answer by 4kidz916 at 5:31 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I alwas heard purex in general was bad for your washer machines. thanks for the info
    3boyz1princess

Answer by 3boyz1princess at 6:31 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Purex in general is NOT bad for your machine. I've used it for years & my machine works fine.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:02 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Thanks cuz I was about to go buy it, now i won't thanks so much.
    Tigeress444

Answer by Tigeress444 at 1:53 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• We just had the same problem. I have been using the Purex 3 in 1 product for about a week. Today my front load kenmore washer was not draining. We opened the trap near the pump under the machine to find 3 Purex sheets blocking the outflow from the pump.
    wesell02

Answer by wesell02 at 12:36 AM on Oct. 16, 2009