are you getting the flu shot??

i am 23 weeks pregnant and do not wanna get the flu shot bc idk what the chances are for my baby!! i really dont wanna get the swine flu shot bc it hasn't even been tested, so i think im just gonna sit in the house until all this is over with!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:27 PM on Sep. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• No way
    GailllAZ

Answer by GailllAZ at 12:30 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• nope. i didn't get it w/ my first, and i'm not going to get it w/ this one.
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 12:43 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I would suggest you to get the regular flu shot and not get the H1N1 flu shot just yet.
    ocsosomom

Answer by ocsosomom at 12:47 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I recevied the flu shot when I was pregnant, and there were no symptoms afterward. However, knowing what I know now, I would not do it again. The shot only protects you (and baby) from one strain of the virus, and millions of strains exist every season. Doctors push them because they get a big fat bonus from Pharm companies who distribute the vaccine. It's a personal choice, but I would do some research.
    mellibelli917

Answer by mellibelli917 at 12:52 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• The H1N1 is not even available. The regular flu shot is safe and recommended for pregnant women.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:54 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I usualy get the flu shot, the last year that I did not....maybe 3 or 4 years ago, I got the flu really bad, every year i've gotten it I haven't gotten the flu!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 12:57 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Last year was the 1st yr I got the flu shot. I was anti-drugs b4 until my son was born with low neutrophil count. Me and SO n anyone who wanted to have a relationship with my son got it. (For many of them it was their first time too). Most of us didn't get sick. We all said, had we known, we woulda gotten it b4. I just got mine yesterday at Walgreens.
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 1:07 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I am going to get a regular flu shot. I am actually going to ask my doctor about it today. I am 37 weeks.
    kitten_shuga

Answer by kitten_shuga at 1:28 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I do not want to get the flu shot.. I am 27 weeks preg. I am nervous that if I get the shot I will get the flu... I have not had the flu since I was a kid. If my doctor says I need the swine flu vac then I will get that.... but doctors orders only. I am more nervous about the reg flu shot than swine.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:32 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• The seasonal flu shot has been shown to be beneficial to your incubating LO. The side-effects of the flu are mild. If you've had the flu shot in the past with no major side-effects, I would highly encourage you to get it this time around also.
    I understand the apprehension regarding the H1N1 flu shot. I was apprehensive but I will be getting it. This vaccine is just as "untested" as any other flu shot that comes around each year. The only real difference is that we actually know the strain of flu that will be floating around. I read a good article regarding this but the website that hosts that particular blog is down...PM me if you want more info. =)
    MotherofIreland

Answer by MotherofIreland at 2:30 PM on Sep. 22, 2009