Why do blondes get more attention?

I used to be blonde up until a few months ago, recently went dark brown. I swear I got a lot of attention as a blonde, but now with brown hair...I get a lot less stares from guys. Women say, "oh you look better with brown hair". If this is so, how come i get less attention from guys?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:04 PM on Sep. 22, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• because you look less like the blondes in porn now
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 1:05 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• ya i think it has a lot to do with the entertainment industry. o and playboy lol.......i'm blond but i think my stares are less now bc theres still a "baby belly" there after 9 months ugh....lol.....its ok i dont think dh wants other guys staring too much anyway haha
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 1:07 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• when I went blond every guy did look at me. Funny
    I look a lot better as brunet. I think they look because you stand out,But that does not mean you look good.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 1:14 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I dont notice a difference between the stares i get when i'm blond compared to brunette. I think it has more to do with your confidence than anything. Maybe you just FEEL better as a blond, therefore attract more attention?
    MommaTurbo

Answer by MommaTurbo at 1:15 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I don't know! I got more attention with blonde hair! Mine is still blonde but I have brown low lights in it now and don't get as much attention but I think it looks alot better!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:37 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I'm naturally blonde and get looks quite a bit. I went brunette a couple falls ago and I also noticed that I didn't get as many looks (and I was glad because it creeps me out when men gawk). I went back blonde I just couldn't get used to being a brunette after being a blonde all my life. I get the looks again but I just ignore them
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 3:48 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I believe it is true about the blonds. But try changing your makeup to make sure it matches your new look and consider a couple copper highlights or some red in with the brown to soften.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 12:37 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Probably just how you feel when you have dark hair. You likely feel more attractive with blonde hair. But I wouldn't let guys looking at me more be the motivation to go blonde again. Women would be a better judge of what looks good. So do whatever you feel makes you look the best.
    SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 1:06 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• I guess I don't see the problem here lol. I have dark hair and fair skin with light brown eyes. For whatever reason, all the perverts that live within a mile radius of my house find that sexy. It pisses me the hell off when I go out and some dude is like "Oh gurl you look like so good." No get out dude...
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 2:45 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• umm i don't think they do. i get loads of attention and i'm a brunette. it's in the genes.
    siren_sexy

Answer by siren_sexy at 2:10 PM on Dec. 5, 2009