How do you like your chili?

I like mine with sour cream, cheddar shred's then crushed saltine's then eat it with tortilla chips.

wheresthewayout

Asked by wheresthewayout at 1:07 PM on Sep. 22, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Ok, now I'm completely drooling and jonesing for chili. Traditionally, I like it with lots of meat, beans, crushed tomatoes and tons of veggies (peppers/onions/mushrooms), I like it a bit too spicy and then I add a dollup of sour cream when serving to take the bite off the spicyness... I love best with with buttered crusty bread for dipping... but I'm also happy with crackers, pita chips or tortilla chips. A little shredded cheddar on top too. YUM.

Now, while that is heaven, I am usually dieting =( So, I make a chili with lots of beans and veggies like above, but I add Boca crumbles instead of meat... really good, DH can't even tell the difference. Then I skip the bread and cheese, but still add a touch of low fat sour cream when serving...while my regular chili is a 10, my low fat chili is still probably an 8 =)
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 10:35 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• That sounds good I hink I will makesome tonight. I eat mine same way.
    Ministerswife

Answer by Ministerswife at 1:08 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• With plenty of grated cheese, and tumeric tinted rice.

ladysavage

Answer by ladysavage at 1:10 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• dont forget beans and i like a bit of onions and a hint of mustard like a chili dog.... mmm chili dog lol
    lydiamama

Answer by lydiamama at 1:18 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I make chilli spaghetti, So yummy. But for just a bowl of it i need cornbread to break up into it, Cheese, Sour cream.
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 1:57 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• With warm cornbread right out the oven.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:05 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Oyster crackers, a bit spicy, and extra beans! YUM
    VikkiMarie21

Answer by VikkiMarie21 at 2:47 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I like mine on top of a bed of warm pasta, topped with shredded cheddar cheese and diced onions. Has to be my own homemade chili though! It is the BOMB! And for anyone familiar with Skyway Chili they know where I got the pasta idea from LOL!
    swimmachic23

Answer by swimmachic23 at 2:58 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Ok now i really want to make a batch of my chili!! It just needs to start getting cooler down here or it wont ever happen! we are in the upper 80's low 90's here today, totally not chili weather!
    swimmachic23

Answer by swimmachic23 at 2:59 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I make mine a little spicy but not so much the kids won't eat it, then shred some cheese over them, for me I prefer chips to scoop it up with but only one of my kids and husband are this way the other three kids prefer hot dogs cut up in their bowls.

Knightquester

Answer by Knightquester at 3:14 PM on Sep. 22, 2009