(Hypothetical Question) Would you accept Food Stamps as part of your tax refund?

Have you ever thought about. What would happen if the government is unable to give you your tax refund on your next Income Tax Return?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:11 PM on Sep. 22, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Would I accept foodstamps as part of my tax refund? Hell no. We need that cash to do things we don't normally get to do! Vacations, cars, etc, can't buy those with foodstamps!
    Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 1:18 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I would be pissed, we're buying a house and we need that $8,000 tax refund to upgrade the house.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 1:12 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• If they couldnt afford the return how would they afford the foodstamps?

And no I wouldnt , We have plans for our returns every year
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:12 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• No, I wouldn't. We go to Disney with our return every year. Can't really go to Disney with food stamps!
    JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 1:14 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• That's why you should readjust your withholding so you come close to breaking even. You don't get paid interest on that money you overpaid the government, so why let them keep it over the year?
    lvpenguino

Answer by lvpenguino at 1:14 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

Thanks for the tip!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:17 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• My husband and I also adjusted our taxes a few years ago so we aren't paying as much out every month in taxes.  We still get a couple grand back, not as much as we used to, but it is enough for things we don't normally do.  I agree, I don't want the government making interest off my money. 

kelliebean04

Answer by kelliebean04 at 1:23 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• We have spent the last couple of refunds on moving and buying a car. This tax season we plan to go on a family trip and i would be pissed if we wont be getting our refund back. No, i would not accept any damn food stamps either.
    2princesnaKing

Answer by 2princesnaKing at 1:25 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Not this year. I am paying off my car with my tax return. After this year, I really have no plans for it so it wouldn't be a big deal.
    peppermintmocha

Answer by peppermintmocha at 1:31 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• We don't get a big refund back and what we do get back (about $1200) goes right over to pay our city taxes so yes, I'd be upset because then I'd have to come up with an extra $1200 to pay the city taxes.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:36 PM on Sep. 22, 2009