what are u gonna do?

This stems from a recent journal I read earlier (so if ur reading this-thx again!)... I, like so many ppl these days, am FLAT BROKE! Because my kids happiness is most important to me, we are still gonna do the Halloween costume thing. But we're not buying-can't! My 5yo dd wants to be a slice of pizza. We're gonna make it from stuff we have around the house. So...if ur in the same boat I am, what will u do? Any costume ideas out there?

bridgeh2o

Asked by bridgeh2o at 1:11 PM on Sep. 22, 2009 in Holidays

• Mummy is always cheap. My brother was once a robot, he made it out of boxes and tin foil. There's always Goodwill, you can get a nice costume for like $5.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 1:14 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• ur profile is private so im not sure but if you have a little girl, she can be a present. my sister was and it turned out sooo cute. cut a hole in top, bottom and sides, for the obvious reason. wrapped the box, then put the cute makeup on. like rosey cheeks and such, then decorated a headband with ribbon. it turned out adorable. or a fun one is a hobo...boys (or girls sis and i have done this too). big adult clothes stuffed with pillows. if its a girl put hair up in a hat, and then can use coffee grounds on the face for a beard. tie pants up with a rope.
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 1:15 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I always make my kids costumes. I cant justify spending so much on a cheap costume when i can make a NICE one for WAY cheaper! That being said, i have no idea what my boys are going to be this year. My oldest was a cowboy last year (which was kind of cheating, because he dresses in Wranglers and cowboy boots and hat every day! lol!) and a pirate the year before.
    MommaTurbo

Answer by MommaTurbo at 1:18 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• That is a great idea, even besides the fact of the money, it'll be so much fun for the kids to help make their own costumes. I did this alot when my kids were growing up. It's memories they will always have.
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 2:37 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Yup I know how it is being broke. Our kids are still dressing up but we are making the costumes. My oldest is going as one of the WWE wrestlers (he's 10). He hasn't picked out the one he wants to be yet but he has decided on a wrestler. Depending on the one he wants to be it should be pretty easy to do. My youngest son wants to be a Train. We are going to paint a train engine onto a box and used strips of cloth tied to the box and over his shoulders to hold it up. Now I'm not sure what my middle boy is going to be yet. He's fixed on being Bumble Bee from Transformers but that is not going to happen.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 8:03 PM on Sep. 22, 2009