My hands, fingers and arms go dead a lot

33 weeks pregnant

my fingers are painful and pop when i move them- swelling has gone down a ton since i started drinking A LOT of water.

Anyways what's really bothering me is that I wake up several times during the night with DEAD arms and hands- extremely painful too. I have to put my arms up and wait for them to come back to life- and it hurts!

Even right now, from typing my hands are starting to tingle and fall asleep.

Any ideas here?

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 1:12 PM on Sep. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had this after I gave birth. It lasted about 6 months. It was horrible. I would wake in the middle of the night with dead arms. It was really terrible. I googled it and I think it was carpal tunnel syndrome brought on by pregnancy.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:21 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I'm being treated for something similar. They called mine Radial Tunnel Syndrome.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:14 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Edema can cause Carpal tunnel syndrome. Nettle can help with the edema. I took it in capsule form 3x a day during my last two months of pregnancy...had absolutely no swelling and very minimal pp bleeding. You can get it in a tea too. It's also an excellent source of calcium and Vit K :) HTH!!!
    Caramelturtle

Answer by Caramelturtle at 1:28 PM on Sep. 22, 2009