My little guy throws up often, Doctors don't know why, and he doesn't seem to mind. Anyone else have this problem?

IrysMom

Asked by IrysMom at 1:13 PM on Sep. 22, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Check on acid reflux. My daughter used to throw up quite frequently, finally we had an upper GI done and sure enough she had severe acid reflux. Now that she's on her medication she only throws up if we miss a dose.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 1:15 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I saw something on Mystery Diagnosis show about a boy who did that - you should google their episodes.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:27 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Mystery Diagnosis finds people with extremely rare and strange cases. I've seen two where children throw up frequently. In one, the child's stomach was in his chest and the other the child was having nocturnal seizures that manifested in vomiting. Odds are it isn't those. = )
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 1:52 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• My daughter did. She always seemed to find the worst possible place for it too. Restaurants, an airplane, the car, you name it, she puked there. She did outgrow it when she was about 4. No doctor ever said this, but I think she had acid reflux. She's fine now.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:19 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• You could start a food diary. Vomiting can be an allergic reaction or intolerance. See if the vomiting episodes follow a specific eating pattern.

It could be acid reflux as others have indicated. It's worth looking into.
    ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 3:28 PM on Sep. 22, 2009