Will our president be taking over the media next?

I mean moreso then he already has

read the link

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:21 PM on Sep. 22, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:22 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Talk about Bush being Hitler. LOL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:24 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Oh please say this is a joke. Ugh.

And we wonder why too many adults (and their children) have issues taking responsibility for their own actions. We live in a society where we're conditioned to not survive without someone bigger to step in and save us from ourselves.

Newspapers are suffering because they lack the immediacy and ability to deliver detail that online venues can. I happily read the local paper -- on their web site. I'm not willing to pay per month (or per day) for news that I already caught on faster media outlets. Online venues have the ability to push news out as it's happening. Newspaper can only recap after the fact. It's not a blog thing. It's a fast-food culture that's trained to get what it wants as soon as it thinks it wants it.

I'd say mass media suffers because it's inability to actually deliver "news" without a percieved bias but the reality is it's ALWAYS been that way and blogs are just as bad.
    ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 1:46 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Well, if the only thing available is the Internet for news, we will be victims of Bloggers. The Blogs that are online now are a bunch of nuts who do not use facts, just their own opinions in their Blogs and gullible people believe they are telling the truth. @@ We had better not lose our newspapers. I actually READ the newspaper every day. I don't just subscribe for the coupons. LOL . I want to read news.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 1:53 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Oh-and YES, you can read newspapers online but it seems most of you posters would rather watch Fox news or read the right wing nuts' online blogs. True? I think so.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:54 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• eye rollingWow, Anon 1:54. Such insight!

Please. *MOST* people are not lemmings. I mean one could also read comments like yours and assume that "most" anon's are incapable of having a dicussion without making themselves look like an ass by assuming things about a group of people they do not know. Oh, wait...maybe that part is true. Sorry. My bad.

ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 2:30 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I thought he already had. We know he only allows pre-approved questions to be asked. If he's asked a question that's not on his teleprompter he goes ape shit. He can't even talk. He starts stuttering, gives that annoying, nervous chuckle, and ends up making a total fool of himself! Why do you think he hates FOX? They tell it like it is and report the things he'd rather keep hidden. If he has his way, they'll be off the air before long. Got news for him, it won't make people like him, and it won't stop people from telling it like it is. He can't shut us up that easy.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:52 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• This is already posted.

Here

And for the last time, a tax break for non-profits is not a bailout.

SRiveroC

Answer by SRiveroC at 3:04 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• SRiverofC, I'm not sold on the idea of a 'non-profit' news media being a better option.

Where does the money to produce the newspaper come from? Everything from the paper and ink to the staff to the delivery of the product costs money. It must be financed some how. Does the news organization then become 'biased' to whoever is financing the non-profit entity? I'd hate to think of the New York Times feeling beholden to any specific group than it already does (I mean the liberal slant in that rag is pathetic!)

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:16 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Lol, the most of the media is already in bed with him.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 4:09 PM on Sep. 22, 2009