Things a stay at home wife can do to make husband feel appraciated after work?

I have really punctured my husbands ego, I recently found my first love and he is obviously hurt(shows anger though).

Anormal voiced "I'm sorry" does not work.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:22 PM on Sep. 22, 2009 in Relationships

• Let him pick the menu for dinner. Or surprise him with his favorite. Wear something see through when he gets home, serve him dinner in it. Ugh! Do what you do girl. It should come natural how to show him he's the one.
    luvbnmomnwife

Answer by luvbnmomnwife at 10:54 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• treat him like a king.
    Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 1:24 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I cook foods he likes, keep the house exactly how he wants it, etc etc. Do little things you know he likes.
    Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 1:28 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• What person wouldn't be hurt if their spouse looked up their old FLAME....I would be pissed. I would feel like my dh was still in love with them and that he wasn't getting what he needed at home. This will be a hard obstacle to overcome....good luck!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:29 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Damage Control Homework: make a list of why you love ur DH. It can be as long as u'd like. Everyday before he goes to work tell him one of the things on the list. You can also do this when he gets home. I did it for a week or mr when SO wasn't feeling appreciated. On one of these days buy him something that let's him know you were thinking of him. (Ex. His favorite ice cream when u go to the market, etc) On another day do something for him (something he normally does but u do to help out, take out the trash, etc). On another day, plan an evening out for just the two of you. On another day tell him to make a list of 3 things he wishes he could change about you. This one is hard but DO NOT INTERRUPT HIM AND DON'T DEFEND YOURSELF. Just listen!! Try to look at it thru his eyes and see if there is 1 thing u can improve on. I hope this helps. I got these ideas from the book Love Dare.
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 1:33 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Is there more to the story? How did you find your first love? Did you go looking for him? I think It all depends on what happened. If all you did was bump into an old love then you can fix it easy. But if you did alittle more, then you have a little more work cut out for yourself.
    Alizzie_Mom

Answer by Alizzie_Mom at 1:33 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Express appreciation for the things he does, for working, for taking out the trash, for mowing the lawn, but be sure it is sincere gratitude and not just flattery. He will know the difference. Make some of his favorite meals or desserts. Remind him of why you fell in love with him in the beginning, those things that you first admired about him. Ask his opinions about things that matter to you, and then implement some of his ideas. In general, just show him the respect that every man craves from his wife.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 1:36 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Don't change how you have treated him all along unless you were not nice to him before. If you change things now then it looks like you are doing this out of guilt and it just reminds him and he gets hurt all over again. Just act normal and let it go. If he wants to talk he will tell you

Answer by admckenzie at 1:48 PM on Sep. 22, 2009