How old was your baby/child when they first?...

My daughter fell and she has 4 teeth, I picked her up and she had busted her upper lip on her bottom teeth....I was and am devistated! I took her immediately to the bathroom and with a cold wet rag held it to her mouth, I have never seen her blood and I cried just as much if not more than she did, it was accidental, but I'm just wondering when your child first or ever busted their lip?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:25 PM on Sep. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my first feel when he was about 10months be was climbing up this slide that he had just got and he had just learned to walk well anyway he tumbled down it it was just alittle tykes slide nothing big lol anyway he bit through his little lip but he was fine and yes its upsetting but its ok.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:27 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Good heck, i dont even remember the first one! I have a VERY rambunctious little boy and he's had so many owies i cant remember them all, even though he's only 3! It's almost a daily thing around here! LOL! Most recently i had to rescue him because he was climbing a tree and fell out and was hanging upside down by his foot! You'll always hurt when you're baby is hurt, but it gets easier to handle! I think the worst one for me to deal with is slivers actually. I HATE having to dig them out and hurt his little hands or feet. :(
    MommaTurbo

Answer by MommaTurbo at 1:29 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• at 2 and a half we came home and my hubby was carrying a laundry bascket i had left in my car (washing at moms) my lil one was so happy he ran passed daddy and hubby didnt see him and bumped him and he fell on the tile,omg i heard his cry and i hugged him so tight his little mouth was bleeding ,so i had my son crying ,myself heard broken and a hubby feeling guilty it was a mess.we all went to bed i kept holding him and he was still crying and my hubby kept rubbing his head i felt so bad,but it happens i knew it was an accident.
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 1:33 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• but he was way younger when he first fell i dont think he was bleeding tho.
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 1:34 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• i dont know i lost count. my dd is 30 mts so she has busted her lips many times. she likes to think she is tinkerbell and can fly. yeah sometimes landing doesnt goto well. lol, she busted her lips agian 2 days ago cried for like a minute and then she said i want to color. truset me there is alot more to come. my dd is very active and she hurts herself almost everyday. 3 mts ago she ran into the doorknob and got a black eye. she didnt cry she actullay tought it was cool i was freaking out her well she just kept on playing.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 2:11 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• mine was 9 months and dancing. was outside and busted his lip on the wood bench. he cried for a min, but was more ticked off than hurt. remember blood looks worse bc spit dilutes it...its like bleeding in the water. you did the right thing. he'll be ok, and get ready for lots more bumps and bruises when they start trying to walk.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:28 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• guess it doesnt really matter, but i didnt mean to be anon (1:28) lol just thought i'd let you know
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 2:28 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• My son hasn't busted his lip yet... he's 14 months.. but he has bitten his tounge a fair number of times when falling with those sharp little baby teeth
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 2:57 PM on Sep. 22, 2009