depo shot

whats depo shot

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:27 PM on Sep. 22, 2009 in Health

• its a birthcontrol shot that you get every 3 months in your butt. Works good for some and not others. i was on it for years and never had any issues but iv heard others say it was horrible so its not for everyone.
    RykersMom04

Answer by RykersMom04 at 1:29 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Its a form of birth control that is in shot form. Its a large dose of hormones that (like the pill) keep you from getting preggo... it is taken every 3 months and can (in some cases) eliminate your period.

I was on it for 3 cycles... it made me a wreck. it brought out post partum depression and made me have my period for the entire time of the last cycle. I quickly switched off of it and on to the pill.
    Mamakat90

Answer by Mamakat90 at 1:32 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I had the exact same experience as MamaKat. when I went for my follow up I told the dr "Of course I can't get pregnant! I've had my damn period for 3 freaking months! I'm not having sex!" If you're at all sensitive to hormones, I would advise against it.
    deadheadjen

Answer by deadheadjen at 2:24 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• It will make you FAT!!!!!
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 4:29 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• What about a diaphragm? They work without hormones and have no side effects. They never caused a stroke, infertility or PID; have never been the subject of class action lawsuits and are instantly reversible.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:00 AM on Sep. 23, 2009