Brushing teeth??

I have a 1 year old girl. She has about 8 teeth now. I bought her a toothbrush and some toothpaste, but she refuses to let me brush her teeth! Any tips??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:29 PM on Sep. 22, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Well, I would hold my son on my lap and brush his SUPER fast and then say OK, now its max's turn. He still at 22 months doesn't LIKE it but he'll now sit down on my lap cause he knows MOmmy brushes max's teeth first THEN max can do it.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:30 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• My daughter's one and we still use the tooth and gum cleanser with the rubber finger mit, she love's it, and brushes her teeth and gums with my finger all byherself. I'd try that for a while longer, then as she gets a little older do the brush and paste.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:34 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• You could also have her "copy" you.

bringin

Answer by bringin at 1:38 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I'd go with the finger mitt as well. Worked for us. You can also just use a clean washcloth (doctor recommended that).
    momofryan07

Answer by momofryan07 at 1:45 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I sit Taylor on the counter, load her toothbrush with her toothpaste, hand it over, and then do the same for my own. I brush my teeth while she's brushing her teeth. She's a perfect copy cat! When I'm finished, she lets me finish her teeth up....I get the spots I've noticed she missed. She enjoys it.
    dayziesnrozes

Answer by dayziesnrozes at 2:25 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Your child is only 1 she is not expected to brush her teeth well at this age. You need to do it for her. My 4 year old son went to the dentist last month and I was told that I still need to brush his teeth for him to make sure he didn't miss any spots. I still let him brush his teeth only after I do it for him.

Your daughter is only 1 and very young.. Don't worry about it!
    BurgMom43

Answer by BurgMom43 at 3:09 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• mines 18 monnths.. will sit patiently ont he counter and let me do it . .. when im done she basically chews on it.
    jlouise03

Answer by jlouise03 at 1:29 AM on Sep. 24, 2009