Question for a JW

I know there is at least one Jehovah's Witness on here... respectfully... may I ask what we should tell JW's when they come to our house to let them know that they are wasting their time and ours? I don't disrespect what you believe, but I am not in the market for a new religion and would prefer not to be approached at my home by your group (or any other for that matter) What can I say that will let them know that I do not wish to be visited?

NewDay810

Asked by NewDay810 at 1:29 PM on Sep. 22, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I'm a Jehovah's witness. Just tell them that you're not interested and would like it if they never come back to your door. we are usually pretty organized and go by maps and we keep track of where we've been so that we dont keep coming back to the same door. However if there are different kingdom halls then you still might get another visit because those are different congregations. My suggestion is that you call the kingdom halls in your area and have them skip your home. Dont listen to other people that will tell you to answer the door naked or to give them satanic literature. Most of us are not afraid of man, because we believe that God will take care of us and whatever man gives us we will endure. Its not a cocky thing its a belief that we got from the bible. So dont worry too much, call the halls and they should stop coming. Just remember that even though most dont like it, we do come to your door out of love.
    proudmomma777

Answer by proudmomma777 at 1:41 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• im a df'ed JW (yea apparently that sex before marraige thing they take seriously) . i know that if you threaten to call the cops and tell them to not come to your door they will not come to your house for at least a few yrs.
    ilovenoah26

Answer by ilovenoah26 at 1:50 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• buy why would you do that? these are peaceful people. you call the cops on rapists, murderers, thieves, but on people that are just following Jesus' footsteps. Thats not right.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:54 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Anon, there comes a point where spreading the word, crosses a line.
    I am very respectful to those that come to my door, however, I have no desire to look into another faith.
    When it crosses the line into harassment...if I have no other recourse, then yes it becomes a legal issue.
    Princessofscots

Answer by Princessofscots at 2:04 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• well, i guess you do what you have to do. I've never harassed anyone, if you dont want me to come back i dont. plain and simple. So go ahead and call the cops, it's ok.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:06 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Anon, it is not an attack on you personally.
    Sometimes people are overzealous, and they do not want to take no for an answer.
    That is when the lines are crossed. I have never actually had to call the police on religious visitors, but I have had to inform them that if they came on my property again, they would be trespassing and then I would be forced to involve law inforcement.
    Princessofscots

Answer by Princessofscots at 2:21 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• at my old place they came by and it didn't bother me and i took their flyers but once i admitted i was mormon they never came again. i understand them as we mormons tend to go door to door and you'll see it on here about how to get them to stop. i think the best way is just saying that you appreciate the time they have taken to make it to your door but that you are simply not interested. it helps to be understanding of where they are coming from. being nice but to the point helps.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 2:40 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• maybe you could just put a sign big enough for everyone to see that says " JW's are not welcomed here?"
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:40 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• and thats fine, you do what you have to do, its ok. i know its not a personal attack, i'm not taking it that way. I just feel bad for my spiritual brothers and sisters that have the cops called on them especially if they're old. People have done that before. but like i said, people have to do what they have to do. That is absolutely fine. So, no worries.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:42 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• let them know you arent interested and you are happy in your religion and you wish not to be called on
    lawla

Answer by lawla at 10:23 PM on Sep. 22, 2009