homeschooling

I'm interested in homeschooling my six year old. We recently moved to a different state and my son is mildly autistic. We have had problems with this school since day one. He isn't getting what he needs in the public school system. Are their any moms out there that homeschool and can give me advice about the process so that I begin this transition. PLEASE HELP.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:35 PM on Sep. 22, 2009 in

• You may check the Happy Homeschoolers group. Over 6000 members, many who homeschool autistic children. Lots of good advice and supportive people.

Good luck.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 3:05 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I agree - come join us in the Happy Homeschoolers group. :-)

If you want just the basics before checking out the group... go to HSLDA.org for a overview of the laws for your state.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 5:59 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• yup happy homeschoolers is a great group and also if you are looking for a good curriculum check out www.calvertschool.org- we are loving the kindergarten curriculum from them
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 2:28 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• K12.com then select your state. Its public school (free) at home and online. You go at your childs pace
    Mesha125

Answer by Mesha125 at 1:17 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• happy homeschoolers are awesome WOOT WOOT
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:35 AM on Oct. 15, 2009